Sunday, April 8, 2012

Baking Day!

This weekend I had a little free time and decided I needed to pull the Kitchen-aid out and actually use it. So I started out with making a couple different things. I was impressed with how fast I finished up all of these projects and I even did my own dishes, I can only imagine how surprised Trav was to come home and see goodies made and no dishes to stuff into the dishwasher. Here's a couple of the recipes I did:

LEMON BARS
1 cup flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup margarine (softened)
2 eggs

2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup sugar

Mix one cup flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 cup softened margarine together and pat lightly into an 8X8 inch pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Beat two eggs, add lemon juice, sugar, flour and baking powdered to eggs. Mix and pour over the crust. Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Loosen edges and cut into bars while warm. Enjoy :)


BANANA BREAD
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 1/4 cup mashed bananas (2-3 medium ones)
1 egg
1 cup chopped walnuts

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of loaf pan. Mix all ingredients, beating for 30 seconds. Pout into pan, bake 55-65 minutes until toothpick in center comes out clean. Cool slightly, loosen from pan and remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely before slicing. Store wrapped in refrigerator for no longer than one week or freeze for later use.



BROWNIE/COOKIE BARS
These are super simple!

Basically, just take a box of brownie mix, make according to directions. Then, make a box of cookie mix, I choose chocolate chip cookies, and then make it according to directions. Once you've got both mixed up, drop the brownie mix into the pan and spread it across the whole bottom. Take your cookie dough and drop spoonfuls on top of the brownies. I actually made cookies also so it wouldn't have as much cookie dough in the mix but you can choose to use it all if you'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!