Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fresh Herbs


So, I'm attempting to depend on grocery stores less and myself more. That being said I've started to create some little ways to help save money. We don't go through spices and herbs a whole lot but when we do the price of buying seems steep. Another project I've started are these cute little herb planters. The mint I transplanted from my spreading mint plant (if you need mint please come get some!) and I started some seeds of dill and lavender with hopes of getting cilantro and other herbs planted soon! I just added some sand and big rocks to the bottom, then planted the seeds. Tied some string around them and viola, they're ready to grow. I placed them on the windowsill in the kitchen where I will easily be reminded to water them and they'll be ready to be added to foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!