Thursday, May 17, 2012

Coupon Match-Up's

So, some people have asked me what types of coupon deals do I get. Well, here's just an example of some of the random things I've picked up and the deals on them. Sometimes it's hit or miss and just because you have a coupon doesn't mean you're obligated to use them. Do what works best!


International Delights Ice Coffee
Quantity: 1
Sale Price: None
Coupon: FREE (had coupon from company for 1 free item)
Sub-Total: FREE
Actual Price: $3.98

Meow Mix Individual Moist Cup
Quantity: 1
Sale Price: None
Coupon: FREE (had coupon from company for 1 free item)
Sub-Total: FREE
Actual Price: $.48

Zone Perfect Nutritional Snack Bar
Quantity: 1
Sale Price: None
Coupon: FREE (had coupon from company for 1 free item)
Sub-Total: FREE
Actual Price: $.98

Pantene Ice Shampoo or Conditioner
Quantity: 1
Sale Price: None
Coupon: FREE (had coupon from company for 1 free item)
Sub-Total: FREE
Actual Price: $3.33

Hostess Blueberry Muffins
Quantity: 1
Sale Price: None
Coupon: $.50
Sub-Total: $2.48
Actual Price: $2.98

Lays Potato Chips (Mixed Variates)
Quantity: 4
Sale Price: B1G1F
Coupon: (2) $1/2bags
Sub-Total: $3.36
Actual Price: $2.68/piece ($10.72 total)

Crystal Light Drink Packets
Quantity: 1
Sale Price: None
Coupon: FREE (had coupon from company $2/1item)
Sub-Total: $.68
Actual Price: $2.68

Spot Shot Carpet Cleaner
Quantity: 2
Sale Price: None
Coupon: $1/1item
Sub-Total: -$.04
Actual Price: $.98/piece ($1.96 total)

Wisk Laundry Detergent (45 oz)
Quantity: 3
Sale Price: $4.00
Coupon: (3) $2/1item
Sub-Total: $6.00
Actual Price: $5.37 ($16.11 total)

Olay Lotion (8.4 oz)
Quantity: 1
Sale Price: None
Coupon: $1/1item
Sub-Total: $3.97
Actual Price: $4.97


So, according to my "calculations" if I were to add up the amount I paid for these items it would equal $16.45 meaning I paid that plus tax for 16 items or just over $1.03/piece. The retail price of all these items would be around, $48.19!! That's almost $3.01 a piece for an item, nearly $2 more!

Savings was a 66% savings on items that I love! Some items are obviously items I would have never bought myself but having the opportunity to get them free means I can have a little variety in our daily lives that we wouldn't normally have. Yes this is just a break down of what we normally buy but its fun to have trips exclusively set-up to see how good of deals we can get! When you buy breads and other goodies like the staples you'll find you don't find as good of deals but they're requirements. That's why you coupon for the other things and buy the staples. If you find this post interesting or want me to keep doing it by all means let me know! I'll try updating this once in awhile and keeping you guys in my couponing loop but we'll see how it goes! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I think this is really cool. I don't coupon, but it is nice to know that it really works for someone.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, if you don't coupon I don't think it's a bad thing! I think people should totally do what works for them. If couponing isn't in your schedule or budget then don't do it! I enjoy it and find it to be kind of a hobby! Thanks for checking out my blog and leaving input! Nice to know others ready my posts ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!