Monday, May 21, 2012

Surrounding Myself With Love

This weekend has been one of the most relaxing weekends I've had in quite awhile!!

I decided to finally do something for myself and went to see a movie with some friends I haven't seen or spent time with since high school! We went and saw the movie "What to Expect When You're Expecting." It was amazing! Check out the trailer for it:


Seriously, best movie I've seen in a long time! Best part, stopping at Curbstone to snack on yummy ice cream while we caught up on each other's lives. Funny how the best of friends walk in when it feels like everyone else is walking out! It meant the world to know the ones I spent a lot of my younger life with are still wanting to connect and stay in my life! I'm so grateful for the ladies!!

Saturday was spent cleaning and gardening! I finally got my zucchini, squash and cucumbers in. I've officially ran out of room in my garden to plant any other items. I saved six spots for my bell peppers which I still need to get but other than that I'm pretty satisfied with what's all out there. My intentions are to use the TEN tomato plants I planted to make pasta sauce, salsa, spicy tomato juice (for Trav's red beers) and chili sauce. The six pepper plants are intended for making and freezing stuffed peppers.

Saturday evening brought on storms. Not as bad as we were planning and we received less than 20/100's. They did have a street dance in town but Trav wanted to stay home and have movie night instead. I of course didn't object, considering I really wasn't in the mood to head into town anyways. So we hung out, caught up on all of our DVR recordings and spent time together. It was absolutely great! I love spending time together just the two of us.

Sunday funday was spent putting on a priming coat of paint on a project I intend to finish soon!! Then, more cleaning, couponing and celebrating a special friend's graduation! I'm so excited I got to celebrate Mo's graduation with her! She's been a bestie for so long the least I could do is congratulate her on a job well done. Polka's and friends, no better things in life.... oh, except for a pivo in my hand as well ;)

Fab weekend with friends, family and the boy. Weekends like this remind me of how great life really is and the major things in life aren't objects but people. Memories are what life is really about and I feel like I'm really making memories with the ones I choose to surround myself with and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!