Thursday, June 14, 2012

Busy Week

This past week was a whirlwind of events and I barely had time to do anything for myself let alone give the house the much needed attention it deserved!

Last week was busy with my first league sand volleyball night on Wednesday. It was an absolute blast! What a fun way to stay in shape and enjoy a girls night out along. It's a great excuse to drink beer and try to tone up my body. I guess all the bumps and bruises I had from it were worth it.

Thursday marked my first day off in months, I officially took a day off! No funerals to attend, no sickness to try to get over just a day off to do nothing but soak in quality cousin time with my Texas family that I have missed so much! I'm so thankful that I got to spend a whole day with them. We even got in some fun shopping, garbage sailing and a ton of giggles!

Friday, another family night! We went up to Buzzard Billy's in Lincoln and ate supper with the Gensler's! I've never ate there but it was a great experience and Travis even tried the alligator meat. The gator meat wasn't bad but I did enjoy my catfish. Everyone was proud of me for branching out and not ordering chicken strips like I wanted too. It was so wonderful spending time with cousin's I don't get to see as often as I'd like! It's also fun learning about how the new parents plan on raising their baby. It's good to know that there are some people in this world who still have great values and I know they will make great parents!

Saturday was a blast! We went on the Milligan June Jubilee Road Rally. I had so much fun and am so thankful I stepped out of my comfort bubble to do something. Looking back I really need to step out of my bubble more often because the memories made with great girls was well worth it! Next year we'll have to do it again except get a vehicle that for sure stands out! Basically the Road Rally consists of getting clues that lead you around the area. You get a set of clues that send you on a wild goose chase for random places or objects and if you know the area it generally helps out. You end up back at the bar for lunch and a quick drink then hit the open road again for a couple more hours. Totally worth going on!!

Sunday marked the day I felt like death was creeping upon me. While visiting with my fav fam they were more than generous and blessed me with their sickness also. I don't despise them for it but I really wish it would have went back home with them instead of sticking around with me. The congestion and horrible cough were enough to put me down through Tuesday but I'm finally back today and ready to blog my little heart out for you guys!!

The rest of the week continues to be crazy but it's alright. I enjoy being busy but would love some time to relax and catch up on the small things. Organizing the bills binder, doing laundry and cooking supper for once are on my to-do list but sometimes the to-do list can wait while I'm busy making memories with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!