Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Dad's Day!

Today is the day we take time to think about the wonderful father figure's we've had in our lives.

I can remember when I was younger I would ride around with dad in the tractors while he still farmed. One memory that always comes to mind is sitting behind him in the cab and I'd always bang my head against the back window when he'd hit big bumps. The funny part about the story is the fact that Travis said he remembers doing the same thing with his dad when he was younger. What I love is the fact that we both have the same memories about our dad's when we were younger and the memories were of insignificant events in our lives. We don't necessarily remember our dad's watching our school sports games or missing a concert we played in but we do remember the one on one time we had with dad and how special it made us feel to be the center of attention if it was only just for a couple tractor rides. They spent time with us teaching us many things that made a huge impact in our lives.

My dad means the most to me and I'm so thankful I had such a positive role model to follow. He's always been there and has always stood behind my decisions, both the good and bad ones. I know I have tested his patience many times but he has never once walked out one me or given up on me. I felt like although I had friends leave me or go on different paths in life that it was only fair that he never walked out or judged me for who my friends were. I'm so thankful he was always encouraging me to become friends with everyone and never leave anyone out. Another thing I'm so so grateful for is that he always made me go to church even when I was tired or not in the mood because now I see the faith he has built in his own life and I'm learning to build a strong relationship with God also.

I wish I would have had time to spend with dad today but he was out enjoying himself and his friends up in Clarkson at their Czech Festival so I didn't get to see him. I sent him a text and at least had time to talk to him on the phone quick but it just didn't feel the same. I also sent Travis' dad a quick text and got to talk to him on the phone too. I couldn't ask for better father figures in my life and am so glad I have great guys who will always be there to help me if I need them!

Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there! You're hard work and time spent with us is worth a day to celebrate just you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!