Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Three Ingredient Beer Bread


I love simple and easy recipes and this is one of them!! It calls for THREE ingredients and is super yummy just by itself! Basically it calls for self-rising flour, sugar and a can of beer. I've got a couple of cans of disgusting blueberry beer we got as a gag gift for Christmas last year and I'm wanting to try using those instead. Also, I have been wanting to try using a bottle of Woodchuck Amber beer but debating if it'd turn out too sweet.

BASIC BEER BREAD
2 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 can of beer

Mix all ingredients together and put in a greased bread loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

I've also found it tastes great with Tastefully Simple's Spinach and Herb Dip Mix. Also, throw some jelly on it or just eat it plain. You can't go wrong with it! :)

3 comments:

  1. If you're worried it will be too sweet just reduce or eliminate the sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's a great idea! Why didn't I think of that one?! Next time I should try reducing the sugar completely. It seems like although I enjoy the sweetness it might be a little too sweet! **Note to self**

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're worried about it turning out too sweet, omit the 1/2 cup sugar.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!