Thursday, August 23, 2012

Beef Stuffed Crescent Rolls


So the idea was inspired by Six Sisters' Stuff recipe I found but I really wanted to do something more with it.  I decided since these were basically Runza's without the rest of the fillings I'd change it even more to include some veggies. I choose to add in jalapenos, peppers and onions and also shredded cheese. I think next time I'll try doing cubed cheese chunks instead though. We also tried garlic crescent rolls and they turned out pretty good! Here's the recipe:

BEEF STUFFED CRESCENT ROLLS
1 lb ground beef
1-2 diced jalapenos (depending on taste)
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced green pepper
1 cup shredded cheese
1 pkg cream cheese
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp chili powder
2-3 tubes of refrigerated crescent rolls

Brown the hamburger and add the jalapenos, onion and green pepper. Then add in the cream cheese and when it has cooled slightly add in the shredded cheese. Next separate the crescent rolls into triangles. Place about one teaspoon full of the mixture into the crescent roll and roll up then fold ends over and place on cookie sheet. Place the open side down so they don't fall apart while rising in the oven and cook at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yields about 2 dozen.

Linking up to:

2 comments:

  1. "Great twist on the original recipe! Thai is one of my favorite, too. I have all the ingredients in the house, this will be dinner tonight. Love it. Techlazy.com Crazyask.com Howmate.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy your site and your recipes. Would you please consider adding a print option so we can enjoy your recipes a little more easily. Thank you. UpdateLand

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!