Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas Time Is Coming

Well, it's that time of year. The tradition lives on! We usually try to set up all of our Christmas decorations on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend, I usually have my country Christmas music blaring in the background until Travis decides football is more important. So begins our task of dragging down all the goodies and then putting them all up. Usually our holidays go from this --->


<--- To beginning the process of tree setting up like this... Travis always hates this part, possibly because this is when I start to get bossy. He hates the whole putting all the limbs in the stock of the tree and then having to help me string the four sets of lights just perfectly so not one part of the tree has too many of too less.

Side note, is there a certain "rule" of thumb you must follow when adding lights? Up and down or wrap them all the way around? I wanted to try the up and down way but he said no way, you HAVE TO do them around the tree, starting from the bottom.

Once you've got all the lights on and the tree pushed back into the corner. Some football scores and DVR rewind caught up on, this should be your outcome!


It's just so gorgeous! I love our little fake fat tree. Did you notice all of the presents I've already got wrapped and under there? Since I took the liberty of purchasing some earlier this year I decided it's best if I just go ahead and wrap them as they're brought into the house. That way I don't have to spend a whole day doing it later on down the road.

Oh, did you notice the little Case truck dumping out presents under the tree? Travis got that from his grandparents house, he used to play with it when he was little. It sat around for awhile before I decided to make it useful so it always dumps out presents for us. PS- A great holiday gift for me is anything Dolly, I've got a couple CD's but if I don't cave and buy the Dolly Christmas CD for myself that would be a cheap simple gift for me ;)

We've got another tree in the basement and I've decided I want to try putting one outside on our little porch that you can see from the road. I think it'd be cute to add a small touch of a lighted pretty tree outside. We'll see if I win that battle but hoping to either put the fake one out there or go to our local Christmas Tree Farm and get one. Hey, if we support their business that's great, looks like they're slowing down and possibly not going to open next year so any help would surely be appreciated.

So, is it too early to put up the tree? Looks like a bunch of others have theirs out so I don't feel too early. When do you put yours up or do you have any holiday traditions when it comes to Christmas decorating? I love seeing the beautiful tree all bright with lights on it. So, enjoy this holiday season. Don't stress over gift giving or what to wear to holiday parties. Just relax and soak in the glorious day that Jesus was born and rejoice in getting to spend time with family and friends!

Linking Up With:
 

6 comments:

  1. Nope, not to early at all, mine is up! I have a pre lit tree. Pre lit because it's fake and separates so I took the lights up and down every. single. branch. Now the strands unplug where the tree separates, and I just store and go! I agree with the going around the tree lighting system though ;) I can't believe you have all those presents done! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do indeed have a pre-lit one, but it looks skinny and boring. So I always opt for my big fatty instead! The pre-lit it much easier to put up I agree though!! I try to get the presents done early if possible, less hassle later on ;)

      Delete
  2. My tree is up and decorated also. There are no presents yet. I like taking the day and wrapping everything. The Boss and I wrap all of our gifts together. It is quite the time. I don't put lights on my tree though. They are too much trouble. Your tree looks great though. Love your posts. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh how fun! I wish I could talk Travie into helping me wrap, but he wants nothing to do with it :(

      Delete
  3. Love your blog!!!!! I'm enjoying looking around at it and catching up! :)
    I look forward to getting to know you better through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I enjoy yours as well! Welcome, new blog buddy! :)

      Delete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!