Monday, November 26, 2012

Oreo Truffle's


Well, I made these in a quick furry last night so we had a quick treat to take with us for the Thanksgiving feasts we attended. They were a hit! And the best part, they took me less than thirty minutes to put together. SCORE! I'm just so glad I have a Pinterest board full of Truffle's I can try! I've got some pumpkin cake pop/truffles started, waiting for them to cool so I can finish them up. I'll hopefully post that recipe later this week (if they turn out)! So here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
-1 package of Oreo's
-1 package (8 oz) of softened cream cheese
- Almond Bark
- Crisco (about 1/2 teaspoon)

Directions:
In a Kitchen Aid mixer turn on low and add oreo's in small increments until well blended into crumbles. (you can also crush by hand if you don't have a mixer or blender) Once the Oreo's are blended into crumbles add the cream cheese and mix until well blended. Next roll into about one inch balls and place on tin foil. Place the trays of truffles into the freezer to set and harder as I've found it's easier to roll in chocolate if they're set up. While the truffles are in the freezer place a small pan on the stove and place the almond bark and Crisco into the pan to melt, stirring occasionally. I've found low heat and patience works best to accomplish perfect dipping chocolate. Once chilled (about ten minutes) pull out the balls two at a time and dip into chocolate. Then place on a new piece of tin foil or parchment paper. I've found that if you only pull a couple out at a time and let the rest stay cold you're not pulling chunks of oreo bits out of the melted chocolate. You may also choose to sprinkle them with oreo crumbs like I choose to. Make sure you do this while the chocolate is still hot otherwise the oreo's won't stick to the balls. Once they've all cooled place back into the fridge to keep them cold until ready to serve.

2 comments:

  1. These look wonderful!! Ryan's sister always makes them for Christmas and I feel so guilty eating them but they're delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're super yummy! They really don't have too many horrible things in them either. So I say eat and be merry! ;)

      Delete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!