Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I know I keep saying the weeks fly by, but it's true! With running to Lincoln for random things to craft shows to youth group meetings along with choir practice, work and homework I feel like I'm never home and I feel like I'm failing as that "perfect girlfriend" who always has a meal ready and laundry folded. The problem, life. It seems life's been getting in my way lately. Oh well, I didn't have a spotless home growing up and I turned out alright ;)

THANKFUL THURSDAY #539-554

  • A messy house because it means I have a place to rest and stay warm in the cold months
  • The advantage of being able to participate in youth group activities and hang out with some talented bright energetic kids who are following Christ while still enjoying life as a teenage :)
  • The dirty dishes awaiting to be loaded into the dishwasher, it means I have enough food to supply me
  • Free samples at Super Saver, it means I don't over-buy groceries because I feel full while I'm shopping
  • The beautiful sunrises I get to see on my way to church on Sunday's
  • Random phone conversations with my fav cousin that's 13 hours away, I really wish they lived closer, I've grown so close but yet we're soooo far away :(
  • Reaility shows for making me realize that life doesn't suck as bad as some peoples (PS, have you seen Teen Mom 2? If so, does this part of the episode make you shake your head agree that she really does need a reality check and jail time?)
  • My Tahoe for having a functioning radio, although I get angry because I miss having cd's and being able to skip ads I really do enjoy having a radio, at least I still have some noise
  • My beautiful Christmas tree for reminding me that Christmas isn't about presents or treats it's about our savior, Jesus, being born!
  • Books for giving me the knowledge and imagination that I sometimes lack, knowledge is power ;)
  • Pinterest for giving me recipes that are quick and simple
  • The refreshing look of a new haircut and color (I swear a good cut can do wonders to your ego!)
  • The choir members for helping me "jump" back into the swing of things, I'm loving connecting with my church crew again, I truly did miss my little church and all the love and support they surround me with!!
  • Finally establishing another savings account, I've been wanting (and needing) to do this for awhile. Now, I've got my main emergency account and my savings for fun/presents account with automatic withdrawals so I won't accidentally forget to pull money out. Hello growing up and preparing financial state of mind accounts :(
  • My heath, it's a major thankful on my list and shouldn't be taken for granted. We had a neighbor and friend this past weekend due to losing a battle with cancer. It breaks my heart to see people who are living life and damaging themselves when someone so special and full of life. I pray that the Lord wraps his arms around the family and comforts his young children as they suffer the loss of their father.
  • Starbucks frappuccino coffee drinks, ok, I couponed and splurged on them, so it's ok
My heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever. -Psalm 30:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!