Friday, December 28, 2012

#22 from 101 in 1001

22. Own a DSLR camera

Here's my new little gem! I love her!! (don't mind the crappy quality, I had to use my phone) She's a Nikon D5100 and as far as I'm concerned, she's a perfect fit for me. I was super excited to get my first DSLR camera and quite frankly, I looked into the Cannon T3i and I looked at the Nikon D3100 but to my surprise Travis got me the D5100, I was excited and wanted to play I just decided it was perfect and I'm now a Nikon lover.

Check out my first "editing project" I attempted with the new camera. Not super impressive but I felt accomplished with it! What do you think of it?! I basically just changed the color saturation a little bit and then darkened the edges to make the coloring in the tree not look so hard and bright. Like I said, I'm a beginner and learning so hopefully with time, I'll learn more tricks and love photography even more!





Now the fun part, making and buying cute accessories for it! Like this strap from an Etsy shop, or trying to recreate it! I think $42 is a little much for some fabric, plus, now that I've got my own sewing machine, I have no excuse not to make one.

If anyone has an tips or pointers on usage or how to change things to make my pictures better please get a hold of me! I'm such a newbie and need all the pointers I can get. Oh, and expect a ton of new pictures on the blog from here on out. I told Trav if he thought my taking photos of odd things before was weird, it's only going to get worse from here on out. ;)

Linking Up To:

8 comments:

  1. Whoohoo, I have this on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Nikon cameras are the best, lol. ;) Enjoy it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the toughest time trying to figure out what I wanted. I had it narrowed down and just told the boy to pick it!

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your new toy. There is a whole new world in front of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks!! I'm really excited to learn new tips and tricks on it!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the new camera!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!