Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Bacon & Corn Bread

So, this recipe sounds crazy I know. But after looking into it more it actually is kinda good. I mean this could be a good deep in the heart of Texas kinda meal right?! The cowboys ate all of these things but never thought to put it all together in one dish! Little effort involved and it tastes amazing with butter fresh out of the oven when it's still warm! Well here's the recipe, hope you enjoy :)

Ingredients:
5 strips of bacon, diced
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup milk (I used 2% because that's what we drink)
1 can whole corn kernels (14.46 oz)
1/2 can cream style corn (7.05 oz)
1 cup shredded cheese (I of course added more)

Directions: 
Pre-heat the oven to 250 degrees and grease regular size loaf tin. Fry the chopped bacon up until slightly crispy. Sift all dry ingredients together into a large mixing bowl (I used my Kitchenaid). Beat together eggs, butter and milk and pour into dry ingredients mixture. Mix well! Add in the corn and bacon and then pour into the greased loaf tin. Sprinkle the cheese on top and pop in the oven for 60-75 minutes. Once you see it start to brown pull it out and let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.

Another idea we've had it to use it as bread for our egg sandwiches we eat all the time! Oh can you imagine how my runny egg sandwich would taste if I were to use this bread and the yolk would soak into the bread?! MMMM!

3 comments:

  1. Mmm bacon! How can it be bad?! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That my dear friend, were the exact words the boy used when I told him I wanted to try something new... The-exact-words. ;)

      Delete
  2. This recipe doesn't sound crazy to me ... crazy delicious maybe! ;) Pinning! Thanks for sharing!

    Brenda
    ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!