Friday, December 28, 2012

Chicken Alfredo Bake
















Was doing my usual "blog creepin/hoppin" and came across this yummy recipe from my friend Audrie (good luck on wedding day girl!!) and she made this Chicken Alfredo Bake, well me being cureous I decided to try it. We don't normally play with alfredo sauce, too confusing for us, so I figured I'd give it a try. Couldn't kill me right?! WE. FELL. IN. LOVE. So, enough rambling, try it for yourself!

Ingredients: 
-16 oz of noodles (I used a 14 oz box and it worked just fine)
-2 jars of alfredo sauce
-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
-1/4 parmesan cheese (grated)
-15 oz ricotta cheese
-2 T garlic powder
-2 eggs
-8 oz sour cream
-3 chicken breasts

Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook and drain pasta as directed on box and set aside. 
3. Bake chicken breasts in 1/2 inch of water and cube. (I found that throwing the still warmed chicken breasts in my KitchenAid and turning it on 2-4 for about 30 seconds shreds the chicken perfectly as well, didn't do it in this recipe but the second time around I did). 
4. Lightly grease 13" x 9" pan 
5. Mix all liquid ingredients together in bowl except for mozzarella cheese
6. Add the chicken to the mixture and slowly mix together (I used my KitchenAid on a low speed)
7. Add the pasta and continue to mix all ingredients together (this is done easier by just doing it by hand)
8. Spread the mixture into pan
9. Sprinkle cheese on top (yes I used "fiesta blend" and it turned out fine)
10. Place in oven and back 30-45 minutes or until cheese on top is golden brown

*Picture 11 shows the final product, it turned out great! But, it made a lot. We like to make a casserole on a Sunday evening and then use it for lunches the rest of the week. I'm going to make it again and try out my new Food Saver! I'd like to freeze it in portion sizes for lunches. Then, we could have a quick meal for the days we don't have meals made up.



Linking Up To:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!