Monday, January 7, 2013

Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake

Found this recipe and it looked pretty simple. Of course I have to give props to Pinterest for giving me this recipe, more specifically for the Living A Changed Life blog because that's where the link was from. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients: 
  • 1 lb Kraft Velveeta Cheese (1 block)
  • (2) 20oz cans of chicken (I added 10 oz can but later added another can because we like our meat)
  • 10 3/4oz can of cream of mushroom soup
  • 10 3/4oz can of cream of chicken soup
  • 10oz can of Rotele w/chilies
  • 1/2 cup water (forgot to add but the recipe calls for it)
  • 1 small onion (diced)
  • 1/2 tsp salt (again forgot to add)
  • 1/2 tsp pepper (don't like pepper so didn't add)
  • 14oz cooked pasta (I used rotini kind because we had it on hand)

Directions: 
Mix all ingredients together and place in crockpot. I choose to mix all of the ingredients together except for the pasta which I cooked then let cook and placed on top of the cheese chunks to hopefully keep the liquid ones from getting the pasta too soggy. I placed mine in the fridge overnight so I could cook the next day on low until I got home. It says to cook on low for 2-3 hours so by the time I got home it was "well done" and turned out great. Stir a couple times before you serve it and viola, a quick simple and fast supper made the night before! Now, I have an extra two hours to watch my DVR'd Christmas movies on ABC Family!


*The recipe turned out ok, just ok. We weren't in love with it. Trav and me decided we'll try it once in awhile but it's not in our top picks for easy meals. Granted yes, it took no time to make, but we're beef lovers so, we need a little meat in our food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!