Friday, January 11, 2013

DIY Mason Jar Tumblers

Now that Christmas is over I can post some photos of items I've made for presents to friends and family. This is one of my favorite that I did for friends and family. They were simple and quick and paired with the drink mixes were perfect for my friends that enjoy a drink now and then.

Basically all I needed were the rubber grommets which I found at a local hardware store. If you're having troubles finding them try looking in the electrical isle. Evidently they're used for wiring houses or something?

Once you've got the grommets basically you just drill a hole into the canning lids. I'd love to find the "all in one" lids that screw on without needing the ring but the only ones I can find are the vintage ones and I don't want to pay oodles for them. 

Then boom, just screw the lid on and you're finished! Add some extra straws if you'd like or order some tumbler straws. In the photo above I choose to use the tumbler straws I ordered but proportionally I've found that cheap disposable straws look cuter so that's what I included in most of the gifts. 

This present took maybe all of five minutes to put together. I'd say it took me more time to wrap them then to actually drill all the holes!

Below is a picture of the tumbler I made paired up with the drink mixes. I place it in a cute little box with some sparkly tissue paper and viola. Perfect simply done present. My friends loved theirs and we used them at my Christmas party, theme was Ugly Sweaters, White Elephant Gifts and Snacks to Share. Yup, these mason jars fit in just right for the party ;)


Here's a picture of our decorations and treats. This was only ONE of three trays of jello shots. We love treats obviously. Decorations, well, we went with the crappy job and just strung lights the lazy way. And, since we didn't have a tree there Anthony brought us a pine air freshener tree, we hung it above the beer pong table... Don't judge us.



Linking Up To:
PIN MEme

11 comments:

  1. Omigosh! Thanks for posting this! I keep seeing these, and loving them, but I had no clue where to find those little rubber thingies. Thanks!

    Thanks for adding my button ... I noticed though, that it's just the picture, it's not actually linked to my blog. :/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey be sure to go up to my "ad" section and re-add your button! I'm going to take that button down. I just added thsoe wuick because I didn't have my Passion Fruit ad thingy up yet! Yes, I promsie they're easy to make too ;0

      Delete
    2. Hey, I tried to do that, but what is the code for the 200 x 200? {I tried to reply to your email, but your email is not given, it's listed as noreply-comment.} You can email me at shuginboots@gmail.com
      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. What about using those white plastic reusable lids that are in the canning section? Then it would be once piece?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought about that. But they wouldn't "look" as pretty. I know I'm picky! I still love them :)

      Delete
  3. Oooo... cute jars! I love them! Mason jars can be used for so much... keep rocking those ideas girl! What store did you find those little drink mixes at? I don't think I have ever seen any like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got the drink mixes from a friends' wedding. Them somehow all ended up in my purse so I gave them back to the girls who put them there ;)

      Delete
  4.  Hi, great post. I found you through the blog hop. Please stop  by and say hi when you get a chance.  .Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that started. It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Now following you.  Here's the link for it if you would like to check it out.
    http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-1.html Lenetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check it out!! Glad you found me, I'll of course find ya and come follow you as well! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Luckily we don't have too many bees around us but yes, this would be perfect for that!!

      Delete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!