Friday, January 25, 2013

Shop Party 2013

Every year we always do a customer appreciation dinner for all of the clients who have helped to support Travis' business, Spring Creek Repair, over the past year. This year was just as memorable as the previous years with many new memories made. We invite over all of the neighbors and landlords, the customers and of course family and friends and everyone brings over a covered dish. I have to admit, although I do love the good company my favorite part about the evening has to be hands down the food!

The shop gets cleared out of projects and tool boxes, we rent and roll in tables and chairs and we just take a  night off to relax and enjoy each others company. It's a time to get together, enjoy an evening with people you probably won't be spending a whole lot of time with come spring (planting time) and reminisce over the past years fortunes. The place gets packed and if you want to find a spot to sit you'd better hurry otherwise you'll be left standing to socialize. Take a look at these shots I took.


Seriously, not joking, the place. fills. up. The "after" shot was taken that evening once we loaded up the rental tables, the shop looks so empty when all the tables were taken down!


The day of the party the boys set out to cook meat, they always start in the morning and make it an all day thing, I use that alone time to quickly clean the house and fix a couple sides of food if needed. Oh, and I get side tracked and try to catch up on my DVR since it's almost full of episodes of junk I'm watching. ;) Here are some shots of the boys cutting up the meat and all that jazz.







Check out that HUGE smoker they use. We love it when Bruce and the Wohl's come over and take care of making some scrumptious meat! Super yummy, I'm pretty sure they're hired for life! It's hooked up to the new truck the boys bought this year. I was never a major black truck fan but seeing this baby and I'm hooked! It's gorgeous! :)









So then I got a little artsy, this is on the front of their smoker trailer. Cute?! I loved it!


Ok, so like I said earlier, the best part besides the socializing thing, would hands down be the food. I'm talkin all these neighbors that have wives that cook amazing homemade meals, well they all bring over their best covered dish and I'm the lucky soul who gets to sample one of everything! Seriously, nothing I've tasted yet is bad, I'm loving food!! Check out the "empty" and "full" tables, ya, that'd be like five or six long tables FULL of just main course food, then the side tables of about three or four are filled with all the pies and cookies you could dream of. Oh, notice the TEN trays of deviled eggs?! Ya, they were all gone when I got through the line at the end... And check out the meat! Mmm! It's so tasty, like it's super moist and falls apart in your mouth. I'm so lucky that leftovers get taken home with us. I could munch on this for awhile and survive.


And of course, what kind of party would it be without some polkas?! I absolutely love spending time with the Nerud's and I'm always lucky enough to have my dad and my family friends come over to share their talent of Czech music with the group. Bonus, my bestie Mo came with the boys! (She's that young gal mingled in with those old farts). The polka crew I grew up around, Bob is like a second dad to me and Johnny is the offspring of one of my dad's band leaders. Many memories shared with this crew that I will forever cherish!





























Little history about me and Maureen for ya: Her dad's the one playing the bass and the one with the kahki pants on, that's my dad (love ya dad), they grew up together, got into a lot of trouble together, drank a couple beers together and played a lot of music in several different bands together. They grew up (not very tall) and they both got married and decided to start families. Well, Galen had Mo and dad was lucky enough to get me. We are both the old child, and we've both got younger sisters. Mo's about a month older than me, we grew up together (not very tall) and we hang out a lot. Don't get into as much trouble as our dad's but we do tend to pull some stunts that we look back on and laugh at. I could not ask for a better friend, she's been there through it all and has never once walked away from a situation when I needed her. It's funny how with time you begin to realize how much a true friendship can mean to a person. I've found a true friend who I'm so excited to pull some more dumb stunts with! So, there's the history on us, now let's hope we both have kiddos that can play together and carry the Beck/Homolka generations on! Perhaps we'll get lucky and both have boys?! 



Ok, back to the shop party. We played polkas and loved it! Those funny looking squeeze boxes, they're called accordion's and if you're Czech (or German) you'd know that we love playing them. Polka music is right up there in the ranks with country classics, I love it! The boom, it's really hard to explain but if you dump salt on a board you can make a grunting/bass noise that kind of sounds good when you mix it all together. The kiddos could care less about the rest of the music they were just fascinated with the broom concept. We danced, oh we danced so much when that band played. Didn't get the concept of two-step but that's ok. Got them interested! Perhaps someday I'll be teaching them the Beseda in the senior group?! We can only hope! 


These pictures are my crazy awesome family. The top picture is of me, my sister and my dad. We love him to death of course. Who wouldn't love a guy who gives you everything and prays for you at night? Ya, I'm gonna have to say that no one will ever replace my dad or get as much love from me. He's pretty special. I know that you're supposed to outlive your parents, but I'm really not sure I want too. I mean, I'm not sure I'd be strong enough to watch the world spin without my dad there for me.

That crazy chick standing next to me is my sister. She's a brat, but we have learned to accept her being a brat and kind of get along. That boy standing next to my sister? Ya, she's his brat. He's actually a cool cat! Real nice, real tall and real cool if you ask me. 


And that boy on the right huggin me, ya he's all mine! Kinda funny, kinda boring, kinda makes me laugh. Back off ladies, that broom that everyone was using to play some tunes was my ride home too!


These two handsome guys below, they melt my heart. That'd be my dad and my boy. If something were to happen to either of them, I'd be lost and my world would fall apart.  I'm pretty sure I'm super lucky to be blessed with such great guys who not only get along, but can play music together! How awesome is that?! Bet you can't say that now can you...



So, that broom was also used to give rides home that night too... don't judge



After most of the guests left we were left with a small crowd of our closest friends. We sat around and socialized for awhile and the kiddos willingly put themselves on clean-up crew. Look how cute they look!!


Once all the tables and chairs were put away we pulled out the accordion and jammed out a little more. Even Darin got in on the fun!!

All in all, another successful year for Spring Creek Repair! With this tough economy it's so nice to know that the shop can still do business and we're lucky enough to have so many supportive customers who continue to do business through the boys.










Linking Up To:

15 comments:

  1. How cool that you have documented such a wonderful tradition. Looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a wonderful time! I know the boys were annoyed with my constant photography skills but hey, now we can look back and see pictures forever :)

      Delete
  2. I love all of the pictures, but I have to say the pictures of those blonde haired children picking up beer cans.....that make this Mama proud! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well of course you love those lil ones, who wouldn't love them!?

      Delete
  3. Love to see the Polka going strong. I've always loved the accordion, though I grew up hearing it as part of Zydeco bands instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you've got me interested in finding out who/what band type that is!! Polka's are always fun :)

      Delete
    2. Zydeco is great fun. Not too different in structure really than Polka. Find it all throughout Southern Louisiana and South East Texas.

      Delete
  4. Great job on this post thingy ! And thanks for a wonderful time as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelsey, I found your blog through The Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife's GFC Blog Hop. I am your newest follower. A follow back to Carole's Chatter would be fantastic. Hope you are having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love parties. This looks like such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So bummed that we missed it this year! You kids know how to throw a good party! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next year, we always like to have fun and parties are always a good time with us crazies! :)

      Delete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!