Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Battling The Storm

So, rumor has it the ice age is coming to Nebraska and we're going to freeze to death....
Ok, so part of that rumor is true, and really the only part is the fact that Nebraska is receiving snow. I know, I fibbed a little and deff over-dramatized it but if you were here right now and saw all the crazies prepping you'd really believe me. Check out that map above, us NE lads are right smack dab in the middle of that junk!

And speaking of crazies. You should have seen Wal-Mart last night! There were people going nuts, NUTS I tell ya! Like the bread, eggs and milk sections were as bare as the turkey section on Thanksgiving! It was bad, and lines were just as long. I was smart and went to the other grocery store because I knew it'd be a mess.

So, if you don't hear from me for a couple weeks, it's because the powers out, we've ate all of our oxen and I've died of starvation and because I had hypothermia. Keep cool friends! (ba-dum-BA!)


Oh, PS, I'm participating in a giveaway over at Light & Sweet, she's a lovely lady. Check it out: a Rafflecopter giveaway

12 comments:

  1. I think it's hilarious when people prep for storms like that! I guess perhaps in NE I can understand, but in Chicago? Get real people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was hilarious because we only received like 5-6 inches of snow instead of the expected 12 inches! FOOLS!

      Delete
  2. I am TERRIFIED of all this snow we are going to get. I am going to be one of those people that go to Walmart tonight (only because I desperately don't want to run out of carb-smart ice cream bars, haha) and run all those last minute errands. I just know that my part of town is usually neglected when it comes to snow removal, especially my apartment complex so I may literally be stuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out it was all a dud ;) We just got over-worried for nothin!!

      Delete
  3. True story! LOL. Believe it or not we actually went to Walmart tonight (in NE), not because we were crazies stocking up on everything (just needed a few things and our girls were in class at church for an hour so we went to one nearby)....buuut, there were plenty of people acting like it was the end of the world for sure! lol. The lines were like black Friday, sheesh. Thankfully I love my hubby's company and I don't mind chatting the time away. :o) ....Be safe. Hope you can stay in where it's nice and warm. Snow is pretty from INside the house (lol) :*) .... As much as I'm ready for winter to be over, I sorta love being snowed in, all cozy with my fam, some munchies, and netflix :-)
    XO ~ Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

    PS: now following you on FB too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm so glad I choose to go to the smaller grocery store. What a hassle and the fact that all these people obviously didn't have milk at home just cracks me up!! I'm swinging by to come check you out again! Love to chit chat while munching on sum chocolate ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh Wal-Mart, never disappoints- doesn't it just bring out the best qualities in everyone? Good move on going to the other store

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I've seen some dandies in there before. FOOLS!!

      Delete
  5. Hope you survived the storm! Thanks for posting too!!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!