Monday, February 25, 2013

Farming On The Four's

We have new babies!! All of the farm's are filled with new life and I'm so excited to tell you all about it!
Sidenote: Check out this lil guy, he had nose all over his nose so I had to snap a quick shot of him! He's so cute and this is another reason I love photography, because I get to capture little bugs like this. (sorry for the craptastic photo, I'll add the good one later, just didn't have time to upload them from my camera quite yet)

Homolka Ranch has a whole new herd of fainting goats! I'm talking a set of twins, another set of twins and a baby to another mama. FIVE new babies in less than three months?! We love all of them and they're all equally precious. The big barn is cleared out so they love their new home. All mommies and babies are doing great and we cannot wait to get some fun photos of them this summer.

And on the Nerud Farms site, we've got babies galore! I'm talkin baby calves this time though. No goat herding over here, the boys don't find them as amusing and they don't make a profit for them. We got 18 that have already had their babies calves and have four left to have their babies. We're leaving for Texas here this week so I'm hoping they all pop out before we leave so Trav doesn't have to worry about what's going on at home. We've been extremely lucky (knock on wood) that we haven't had any bottle babies yet and we're hoping to keep it that way. As much as I love naming the first calf of the season it's always a hassle for Trav to add more chores to his list. We'll calve out the Dan's in the fall so it works great to not have to fuss with the whole herd all at once. 

The seed for 2013 planting season has arrived and is stored in the shed for safe keeping. They're seed dealers for a couple different companies (Garst and Producers Hybrids) so right now we've got a ton of seed we're holding onto. About 3/4 of the seed is delivered so we're not at full capacity but give us time and we'll be maxed out with no room to spare. I'm so excited for the cold weather to leave us alone already and I'd like to start getting some little seedlings ready for my garden. Perhaps start some indoor ones soon in hopes of transplanting them later? Who knows with me and my random antics ;)


Linking Up To:
The Chicken Chick

3 comments:

  1. So sweet. What a cute baby! PS: Your slideshow on the side is cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa thanks, that's just the normal me ;) I love babies!!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!