Sunday, February 3, 2013

Guest Post: Demi Spencer

Let's give a big hearty welcome to Demi. I've stopped over at her porch several times and she's an absolute sweetheart! I love that she's so down to earth. Don't forget to stop by and say hi to her, let her know you found her through me too!!

Hi y’all! My name is Demetria {Demi for short}, and I blog over at {Country} Life with a Front Porch View! I’m excited to be here @ Kelsey’s place chatting it up with you all today! Kelsey was one of the first blogger friends I made when I entered the scene back in December 2012. She’s super sweet, and I love having her as a friend! She comes and sits on my front porch quite often. We share some great times over there! *sighs*  

Let me see here …. a little bit about me :) 

I was born and raised in a small town in western Tennessee. I still live 10 minutes from my hometown. I’m married to my high school sweetheart, Nathan, and today is actually our anniversary! We have been married for 7 years! It’s still hard to believe that I told all my friends at the age of 16 that I was going to marry that boy one day. Funny how little things like that work out, isn’t it? We have one son, Logan and two animals that are like children to us: our basset hound, Chloe and our tabby/calico mix, Precious.  

Why I Blog … 

Writing has always been a passion of mine. I was the editor of our high school’s newspaper and yearbook for two years. I enrolled in college after graduation in hopes of becoming a great writer one day while holding down a double major in Journalism {News/Editorial} and English! After my son was born, I withdrew from college to start a life and never made it back to finish out what I thought was paradise in my book. It was going to take too many years and too much time actually spent on campus for me to graduate. I couldn’t handle it all working and commuting and raising a family. I did, however, get two degrees while I worked via online courses: I have a Medical Coding and Billing degree and a Pharmacy Technician degree!

After years of struggling to make it in this world and a ton of hard times, I’m now a stay at home mom. I must admit, I love every single minute of it! Before I gave up my full time grocery store job, I was working 6 days a week pulling hours that encompassed a day shift and a second shift schedule. I never had time to spend with my son or my hubby. I was constantly staying up late at night to spend time with my dear hubby and then waking up early to get my son off to school and trying to spend as much time with him as I could before that point! It hurt me so much to have to divide my family like that. While other people were out spending the weekends with their kids and taking them places after school events, I was running back to work never getting to enjoy the little things. I wanted a way out of that nightmare, and I took the first opportunity I had! It wasn’t so much by choice either but by a boss that didn’t realize what he had until he let me walk out the door. Oh well, it was for the best!

Back in early March 2012, I met an amazing woman online, Amanda. She was working on running a business like no other to help people from every walk of life. She already had a small business that was dedicated to helping stay at home moms make a living online, but she wanted more! Later that year, I teamed up with her and 6 other great minded ladies, and we began creating our dream from the ground up! Those months I spent with her up all night were challenging as we put together “the” website of our dreams. I valued Amanda as a friend and a boss. She saw my potential and was shocked to know that others threw me to the sidelines. As I helped her build a home for us online, I slowly began making a name for myself in her book as well earning the title as TBM President. Sadly, our dreams were shattered in December 2012 when Amanda lost her life while delivering her baby girl. It was a shock to us all. None of us were prepared to lose her or our company.

After everything happened with Amanda, I realized that I had what it took to make it on my own. I had run a few online shops before but never made enough to consider it a career or even a job! So, closer to Christmas, I began drawing up ideas in my head as to what I could do to change the world. I knew it wouldn’t happen overnight and that I would have to work extremely hard at it if I wanted to succeed. I’m happy to say that almost 2 months later, I have a pretty good thing going over at Country Life. Sure, it’s not life changing, yet, but I love the direction it is taking! I’ve already been fortunate enough to help out a friend and her business. That’s something I didn’t think would ever happen. Silly me, all I had to do was put my foot in the door and ask! I’m also learning more about things as I go while blogging about my life and the things that make it so special to me! I’ve had positive feedback that means the world to me, and I have made some great friends! I couldn’t ask for anything more. I might not become a millionaire, but I’m happy!

There you have it folks! The story of my {blogging} life! I hope that you will stop over at my front porch soon and let me offer you some good ole southern hospitality!

Be sure to hop on over and "like" Country Life's Facebook Page so you'll never miss an update and chat with me directly! 

From my front porch to yours,

2 comments:

  1. Thank you my dear! I enjoy stopping by your blog everyday! It's nice to have friends you can drop in on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely no prob, glad we could do a swap! Kinda fun ;)

      Delete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!