Monday, February 18, 2013

Love My Mixbook

I found this lovely website that I have used for everything. I started out on Shutterfly but soon realized after playing with Mixbook that it was definitely the site for me. You can customize more, there's more stickers and other goodies to play with and I can publish the albums for people to order their own copies with! Plus, they've got a sweet referral program where you can get $10 off your first order just for signing up if you use my referral code.  


To give you some examples of things I'm working on right now, remember when I completed that awesome Christmas present for Travis' parents? That Nerud Harvest book was a complete hit and he still carries it around to show people. (preview of the book is below) I'm also working on a Nerud Farms 2013 book that basically consists of all of my Farming On The Four posts off my blog plus tons of other farm shots I've taken. It'll be a super version of my harvest book from last year. I figured that since the first one was such a hit this one would top it and they'd love it even more.


I also created our 2012 Christmas cards through Mixbook. It was super easy, the templates were better than the ones I used to find and they were reasonably priced. Oh and the shipping was crazy fast. I was pleased with them and more than likely will order from them again this next year. 

Another project I've started on is a Year In Review book from 2012. I'm pulling together all of my blog posts, the fun photos I took through the year, my most important Facebook status' and even some of my Instagram photos (even though I didn't get into that until this year). My goal is to continue to do these from here on out and watch us grow. The book mostly focus' on just me and Travis and our adventures but I hope that someday we'll be able to talk about weddings, anniversaries, babies and all of the fun goodies in between. It's a work in progress and yes, don't be scared when the price is nearing $100 and you're only half way through the year. Think about it in terms of saving memories. I know if I were to buy scrapbook supplies I'd spend way over that so for me personally, it's worth spending that much on a book. Plus, if you can wait for discounts, then you can get a pretty good deal on them. 

And an ongoing project that I will keep adding to until I'm done is my 101 in 1001 project book. Basically I pulled my list of 101 in 1001 off of my blog and made it into a book. It's a fun challenge and I hope to continue it with another list once I finish this one. It'll be kind of like a documentation of all of my lists someday!

Well then, did I give you enough reasons yet to start playing on Mixbook? If not, too bad, you know these things are fun to make and you'd love to have show off books that you don't have to physically create!! Make sure to sign up for their discounts because normally they've got at least one or more sales going on and they almost always have a discount code you can use. 

2 comments:

  1. Just found your cute blog through the blog hop. I'm a new follower. Hope you'll stop by sometime!

    RebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stopping by! Sorry it took so long, I wasn't avoiding all my lovely commenters just was too lazy to catch up! Cannot wait to get to know you better!!

      Delete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!