Wait, what's that? Never heard of a Runza?!?! You're only missing out on one of Nebraska's biggest secrets! ;) Here's something similar, but they're faster and easier to make. And they help with my sour kraut cravings also.
2 lbs lean hamburger
1 cup onion, chopped8 ounces sauerkraut8 ounces mushrooms (or less if you're picky)1 cup mozzarella cheese1 cup cheddar cheese8 slices provolone cheese2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
1. Brown hamburger with onion and season to taste. (I usually use salt, pepper, and minced garlic), then drain. Add back to pan and add sauerkraut and simmer for 5 minute.
2. Spray 9 X 13 pan and then add one tube of rolls to bottom
3. Top with hamburger mixture.
4. Add mozzarella and cheddar cheese
5. Add mushrooms (I only was allowed to do half, someone insists they're gross)
6. Top with provolone slices.
7. Top with remaining tube of rolls
8. Bake at 350 35- 40 minute
Simple easy and SUPER tasty!! I promise this will be a hit in your house :)