Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Runza Casserole

Wait, what's that? Never heard of a Runza?!?! You're only missing out on one of Nebraska's biggest secrets! ;) Here's something similar, but they're faster and easier to make. And they help with my sour kraut cravings also.


Runza Casserole
Ingredients:
2 lbs lean hamburger
1 cup onion, chopped8 ounces sauerkraut8 ounces mushrooms (or less if you're picky)1 cup mozzarella cheese1 cup cheddar cheese8 slices provolone cheese2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls

Directions:
1. Brown hamburger with onion and season to taste. (I usually use salt, pepper, and minced garlic), then drain. Add back to pan and add sauerkraut and simmer for 5 minute.

2. Spray 9 X 13 pan and then add one tube of rolls to bottom
3. Top with hamburger mixture.
4. Add mozzarella and cheddar cheese
5. Add mushrooms (I only was allowed to do half, someone insists they're gross)
6. Top with provolone slices.
7. Top with remaining tube of rolls
8. Bake at 350 35- 40 minute

Simple easy and SUPER tasty!! I promise this will be a hit in your house :)

9 comments:

  1. Yum!!!! I love runzas/runza casserole!
    I'll have to try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks supppa yum!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, you should make it and find out for yourself how suppa yum it is ;)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Promise it is, go try it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Looks delish! Runza casserole is a favorite at our house, but my recipe is little different, same idea though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, now I'm gonna have to look up a couple variations to try, you've got me interested!

      Delete
  5. how about kielbasi or pork ribs instead?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!