Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend In Review

What a weekend! Not a whole lot of accomplishments per say, but we did do a lot around the house and for once, I didn't have a ton of activities lined up to be bouncing around too.

Friday- We relaxed! A night of nothing felt great, we threw a roast in the crock pot that morning so we just kinda chilled, munched on a delicious meal of beef roast, carrots, taters, onions and home made gravy. I swear, that's the worlds best meal hands down. When I got home there was this precious little baby calf that had a nose full of snow, I quickly grabbed my camera and snapped a shot of him. I'll post it on the farming on the four's post. Then, we ended up falling asleep due to being tired and stuffed. Oh, and I did a little organizational project. Took less than 5 minutes but hey, it helped clean things out.

Saturday- Somebody choose to wake me up 18 minutes (I looked at my clock) before my alarm was set. I took it upon myself to just get up and start my day. I was requested to help move an auger but later wasn't required to help due to the fact that they found someone else to help. Lucky me! Instead I choose to tackle my closet room and get some things into a functioning order. I was really excited about organizing, I always love a good tote or bin :) Then we headed to town for supper with Travis' brother and his girlfriend. It's nice to spend some time with them, Tyler is into racing so the whole summer he's gone and Trav is obvi into his farming/cattle thing so we rarely spend time with anyone the way it is.

Sunday- It's always filled with busy events I swear! Bible study, church, meal prep then we hosted a NASCAR race party at the shop. The party was fun, there were a ton of neighbors and other friends that stopped over and socializing with that crew is always full of laughter. I love playing with all the kiddos and it helps to rid me of baby fever so it's a win/win for all involved.

We're slowly getting laundry done since we're leaving this week for Texas and I'm super excited!! If you live in or near the Houston area (or anywere north of there on I35) look me up! Would love to officially meet a blogger buddy of mine in person! :)

*Oh, and I've almost hit 100 followers! Once I hit that magical 100 I'll do a small giveaway with some Scentsy goodies! Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, just don't tell your friends neighbor  (rumor has it they're weirdos)


Linking Up To:

Super Sunday Sync

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kelsey - Guess What? I'm your 100th GFC follower. It wasn't til after I signed up that I saw the bottom of your post :D I follow you on FB, Twitter, GFC and Pinterest. Look for my blogs We Are Earthformed, Earthformed.com and Casa Guanajuato on SSS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! So excited! I'm gonna have to go check you out. Thanks for taking the extra time to follow it all :)

      Delete
  2. If Wyatt draws a good horse we'll be making a "quick" 9 hour trip to Bay City this weekend for the rodeo! (It's about an hour and a half south of Houston)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH! How fun! If so, you'd better contact me!! Perhaps we could find a way to meet up?!?!

      Delete
  3. Kelsey,
    I am in awe of you..
    Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!