Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekend Review

Sorry for being away for awhile. I've been stuck in a major slump and really un-motivated to post goodies for you guys. So, in hopes of pulling myself outta that slump I'm going to do a weekend update.

Friday- After work I did my lame Friday night routine of grocery shopping/couponing. Then I stayed home to work on a huge homework project that was due Sunday. It was a two hour movie on Enron and the ethics behind those involved in the fraud scandal. Extremely boring and I ended up only getting half way through the movie before 1 am. Decided to throw in the towel and get some shut eye, had to be up and productive in the morning.

Saturday- Oh what a fun day! We helped our friends and participated in a cattle drive. Read more about it on my Farming On The Four's post. Then, we headed up to Western (the town) and went out to eat for my Grandpa's 88th birthday!! After we left there we swung through Dorchester for Faith's 21st birthday at the bar. It was of course fun and I'm so glad we spent a little time with friends socializing. On the way home we swung by and checked on the cows, two mama's had babies that evening.

Sunday- This was maybe my favorite day of the weekend. It was my dad's birthday so after church we took him out for dinner. Then, me and Trav headed up to Lincoln for a little bit of shopping. We stopped at The Fort to use up some gift cards we had sitting around and I fell in love with a couple pair of boots. Travis really needed some new boots but I really thought I needed some more. So, if you're ever looking at getting a gift for me, a pair of boots will never be turned away. And if you need specific ideas, these are the exact ones I want:

Pretty much any pair will do. They're all work boots so I promise I'll use them. The Twisted X's I really want aren't in stores but here they are, I've tried them on before in the store but I see they're on back order until Feb 2013. The first pair is a bit dressier but at the hefty $175 Travis insisted I did not need them. The second pair I've been drooling over for almost two years now. They're gorgeous, I love them, but I'm not a major fan of the pink. They've got a super comfy bottom that is almost like a tennis shoe. And the final pair, ahh, Rocky's. If you couldn't tell I'm an avid Rocky fan and these are exactly like my last pair. I'm currently wearing something similar from Tony Lama but they don't do justice compared to my love and comfort in Rocky's. Let's hope I can get one of these bad girls someday soon!!

After we got home from shopping I got to work on a paper that was due at midnight. I cranked out a total of seven pages, plus finished up my Enron movie in less than 3 1/2 hours. Ya, I'm a procrastinator but hey, I got it done and handed in on time, with a half hour to spare!!

Oh, and also received TWO offers to do reviews and sponsor posts, I feel like a big timer!! Can't wait to fill you in with more information in the near future friends :)

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the paid offers! That's a huge deal! And good luck on gwtring those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the paid offers! That's a huge deal! And good luck on gwtring those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveeee the boots on the far right! I'll totally take a pair too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, see I'm not crazy, the boots are gorgeous and I NEED them ;)

      Delete
  4. A Girl can never have to many boots lol. Seems like I don't get new boots very often now with two teenage girls and about all they will wear is boots they think they have to have a pair for school, work, dress and for any other thing that comes along oldest even wore them to homecoming with her dress. They do have to pay for most of their own boots but I do try to help. ( Can't believe how expensive they are getting) So yes you do need them lol
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for siding with me ;) I cannot believe how expensive they are either!! I was in shock, and me being a penny pincher I refuse to spend that much on them. I'll keep dreaming I suppose :(

      Delete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!