Friday, March 22, 2013

Liebster Award Round 2

Welcome newbies, I see like overnight I had about twenty new followers! I'm so excited to see you all follow along and cannot wait for you to check out what I've been up to.

Buuuut, the real reason for this post is because I was nominated again for the Liebster Award by several AWESOME ladies! WooHoo :) It's so over whelming to know that others think enough of me and my blog to nominate me. I love knowing that others find me funny enough to hand out an award! I suppose that's my "inspiration" so to say as to why I continue to blog. For not only myself but for your entertainment purposes as well! Thankie! And here are the lovelies who've nominated me this time: 
Kristi over at Thankful Me
Megan over at Megan



Rules
This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers...the award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another. What to do: 1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves. 2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to. 3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post. 4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award. 5. No tag backs.



My Random Facts:
1. I already told you in the last random facts Liebster award that I've got OCD tendencies but did you realize that it's so bad that if I see the shower door open I have to go shut it, if I see my undies not folded right I dump them all out and refold them, my bills (when I have them) in my wallet have to be sorted and in order ($20, $10, $5, $1's is the specific order if you ask), if my headlights are on brights when I go to shut off my vehicle I have to switch them.... The list goes on and on.
2. I have three pair of footie pajamas and I often wear them in the winter. Don't judge.
3. I was born in the wrong decade/era. My obsession with Dolly Parton and Lucille Ball have grown to be almost a concern lately. I hear the name Dolly and get all excited, and I've truthfully seen each and every I Love Lucy episode that has ever aired on tv.
4. I have TEN Pinterest boards dedicated to my wedding and I have yet to get an engagement ring. Again, don't judge.
5. I've created a crazy plan of running one 5k race every month until the end of the year. (already signed up for two of them)
6. I'm not attracted to hunky men I see on tv, reality tells me they'll never be mine so no point in trying to fantasize about them. <insert the don't judge thing again>
7. I sell several direct sales companies, Scentsy, Velata, Grace Adele & Thirty-One
8. I'm a reality show junkie, Honey Boo Boo, DWTS, Teen Mom, Dance Moms, Big Brother, Duck Dynasty, Moonshiners, The Real World, Ax Men, Gold Rush... um, did I mention that's prob only half of my DVR list?
9. I have 2,912 photos on my fbook profile
10. I live a double life, farm girl and preppy girl. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish which I feel like being, it's kind of like feeling bi-polar except you dress differently...
11. I'm pretty good with being fairly frugal with my money, I've been eyeing a pair of work cowboy boots I'm been drooling over for two years and have yet to break down and buy them!

Kristi's Questions:

1. Which would you rather have, 20 chickens or 1 goat? -Well, I live on a farm and I've had fainting goats growing up. I'd say I'd prefer to have the twenty chickens, they seem to make me happy walking around.
2. Would you rather travel back in time or forward in time? -Hands down back in time, I'm in love with Lucy, my fav singer is Dolly Parton (duh) and I'd love to live "back in the olden days" when my grandma was young and things were simplified. I'm so fasinated with early American living and seeing all of my ancestors would be the coolest thing!

3. If you had unlimited resources, where would you like to vacation, and what would you do? -Hmm, I'd probably choose the Czech Repulic because my family history is important to me and also because both sides of my family are from there. Also, Travis' family is part Czech so I've always dreamed of being able to go back there and be tourists for awhile.
4. Would you rather sleep in or stay up late? -That's a tough one, I'd probably choose to stay up late because it's super easy for me to do. Getting up early is managable if I know there's some important event otherwise just let the bear sleep.
5. Which major would you choose if you were to attend college now? -ha, are you kidding?! I'm finally in my last quarter of school! I've been attending classes since Oct 2008 with no quarters off so for now, no schooling needed by me. If I did however choose to go back it'd be for my bachelor's in agribusiness.

6. If you could visit (or live in) any make-believe land from literature, which would you choose? -Nerd alert: I'd choose Harry Potter world of course! Sometimes the life of a muggle just sucks so HP world would be a blast, always the best ways to entertain yourself :)

7. It's nearly dinnertime, and you forgot to plan. What do you have for dinner? -Well this happens almost nightly but we typically pull out a pizza or something similar.

8. What makes you laugh? -Pretty much anything. I'm all about jokes.

9. What is one character trait you admire? -About myself? The ability to be outgoing and willing to help out anyone when I see they're in need.

10. What are the biggest influences in your life? -My dad, that or my ag teacher in high school who really helped to kick-start me wanting to pursue an ag career

11. Do you still live in your hometown? If not, how far away do you live? I actually do live extremely close to my house. I moved straight north about five miles from my parents in with my boy.


Amy's Questions: 

1. What's the best book you've ever read? -Uh, well it's a series I think. It's called the Yada Yada Prayer Group and I've mentioned it on several occasions. It's really an eye opener and I'm hoping to re-read it this summer :)

2. What's your "hidden talent"? -I'm really starting to think my "hidden talent" might include writing. I haven't discovered until recently that I LOVE to blog, which is basically that I love to write. Simple.

3. How old were you when you had your first kiss? -Some things are meant to be kept as secrets... That and my dad reads my blog and dad's don't want to believe their daughter has ever kissed a boy.
4. What's your favorite blog to read? -Oh goodness, go back to my previous Liebster post to check out who I all added! Too many to count! :)
5. Who is your celebrity crush? -Right now I'm kinda girl crushing on Taylor Swift. Now before you go and start doggin on her take into perspective that she really does have a nice voice, she's made a name for herself and she's working hard to build up an empire. I agree that her personal life is a bit annoying but give the girl a break, I'm not perfect either! (one example, I don't wash my hair everyday)
6. What's your favorite blog post that YOU have written? -Again?! Man these are super hard questions!! I'd have to say probably my Farming On The Four's series. I LOVE writing about agriculture so for me, that's one of my fav's and the reason's why I continue to keep you guys in the loop about our farm. Some of you aren't on farms and have never experienced it so I like to think you're living it through my blogland.

7. What's your dream job? -Either a farm management analysis advisor type dealo or something with agricultural sales. I'm loving ag (obvi) and to think that I could use my social skills (I talk a lot) and my passion for ag just seems to fit me perfectly!
8. What would you do with a million dollars? -Buy more farm ground, use some for improving our house we're moving into, spend a small amount on a pretty new wardrobe and put the rest away to build up a bigger cash value that I could use later to buy me more toys. Oh, and I'd use a little bit of it to re-design my blog and put some ads out on other blogs.
9. Boxers or briefs? -Thongs? hehe ok just kidding, I'm loving the briefs.
10. Snow or rain? -SUNSHINE! I wish the snow would go away and we could always use the moisture so rain it is.
11. Weren't these questions awesome and easy?! -Yup, a breeze!


Megan's Questions: 

1. What was your favorite song as a child? -Uhhh, In Heaven There Is No Beer? haha ok that's a Czech song that maybe 2% of my readers will know what I'm talking about! I'd have to say the only music I can really remember from childhood would have to be listening to polka music. My dad played, my mom played and I was constantly at band events so I grew up LOVING listening to the stuff. (insert weird face)
2. What is something you wish you were better at? -I wish I were better at following through on a task I start. I'm notorious for starting something, keeping up really well then boom, I give up and fall off the train about two to three weeks later. Fail.
3. If you could solve one world problem, what would it be and why? -"I wish I could have world peace" Eh, I'm an advocate of you've gotta help yourself before you can help others so I'd start with small towns, build them up and get the economy going, give incentives for graduates to come back to their communities and then work on things from there.
4. Do you have a claim to fame? -Well, I was the Wilber Czech Queen, that's about as big as my celebrity status has gotten thus far. That and I've been know as Queen-zilla a time or two...
5. What's your favorite makeup product? -Foundation, I can't leave home without it and most days it's the only things I honestly wear.
6. What was the last book you read? -I'm currently in the process of reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp but I've read several others in my Book Club page.
7. What TV show do you watch (or DVR) every week? -Again, please refer to my first Liebster Post, there's just too many to list. Oh and newbies added are Duck Dynasty and Ax Men. Those never get old!
8. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? -CHIPOTLES
9. If you could go back in time, what time period would you teleport yourself too? -Deff the time of Dolly Parton and Lucille Ball. If you haven't already noticed I'm seriously obsessed with these two ladies. That and I love a good Andy Griffth show. I'm a sucker for that oldies stuff. (I still claim I was born way too late)
10. Tell us your biggest pet peeves -Chewing with your mouth open, and I hope Trav reads this post!
11. What is the wallpaper on your computer? -Trav's family picture from when we took those harvest pics last year. I'm really wanting some done of my fambam but it'll have to wait until the weather's a bit nicer.


My Nominations: 
1. Melissa over at Eleven Sixty
2. Filiz over at Light & Sweet
3. Rachel over at Sugar & Spice
4. Kasse over at Rural Women Rock
5. Brin over at Bold Butter Baby (a fellow Nebraska blogger!!)
6. Desirae over at Going With The Flow
7. Ashley over at Horseshoes & Pearls
8. Rachel over at Rachel's Country Roots
9. Sandy over at First Comes Love (shortened it this time)
10. Amanda over at The Barstow's
11. Janet over at A Farm Wife's Life
Jeez, after having to nominate people I've learned that I have a personal relationship with SO many ladies that it was absolutely hard to try to pick and choose!


Questions for the Nominees:
(I'm asking everyone the same questions)


1. What tv series are on your DVR list?
2. Main reason you began blogging
3. Where do you see your blog going in the future?
4. Ever played an instrument?
5. Which social media site are you the most addicted to?
6. Any guilty pleasure's you'd like to air out? 
7. How many fbook pictures are your profile?
8. Reasoning behind your blog name?
9. Have you ever tried to sue someone? 
10. How did you find my blog? (Keeping up With Kelsey)

11. Bath or shower?

Thanks for choosing me ladies! I love having someone think I'm cool enough for such an awesome award. Until next time,

-Keep on Keepin Up



****************************************************************

Also don't forget about my super-awesome-of-so-fantastic giveaway! 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nomination, Kelsey!!! You are so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't help it, I fell in love with your blog. You deserved it!!!

      Delete
  2. SO happy for all the nominations, but really glad to see Kasse and Rural Women Rock nominated! Love to you all!!

    XOXO
    ~RED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt she deserves it! They never get the recognition they deserve!!!

      Delete
  3. What a good sport you are to answer 3 sets of questions! It was fun getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've answered well over three sets... But it's only fair! And I love sharing info with others. It's fun to get a little personal once in awhile ;)

      Delete
  4. LUUCCCYYYY :) I LOVE LUCY! I have to agree I was born in the wrong time period as well. Good job defending Ms. Swift, I myself am not a fan but I don't really follow along with what she does and a bunch of my friends like her so that about sums that up :) email me about dates for the guest post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, we're a match made in heaven! LUCY!! Swift, eh, I'm just addicted to her break-up songs because it reminds me to stay away from the crappy ex's! And whenever works for guest posting. You know I'm super excited for you to stop on over and get your guest on :D

      Delete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!