Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sweetheart VoxBox 2013


We all know I'm a gal who looooves a good freebie now and then. But, did you know I'm always obsessed with doing product trials for companies?! Yup, it's true, that stuff's right up my alley.


So here's a fun thing I'm involved in, it's called +Influenster and they send out goodies for people to do product reviews on. Check out how mine arrived to my mailbox, I always laugh when the mail lady uses a rubber band to hold objects in our mail box. She's so creative when it comes to shoving things in there. Oh, and don't mind the nasty mailbox, I've been itching to paint it and I'm still debating on the perfect color... Teal/Aqua? That's my newest love/obsession right now!

Onto the goodies in the box!


I got all of these products in my Influenster VoxBox and was more than thrilled to try them out! Here's what was all included:

Olay Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid Powered Contour Cleansing System -Ok, I love anything Olay so I figured I would fall in love with it. The cleanser was alright, I normally don't use a cleanser as I'm lucky and my skin is great without me spending a lot of time on it but the vibrating brush that came with it, ya I'm head over heels for it! Like seriously, I have this super dry skin thing so the brush was great for ridding of my nasty dead scales. Deff worth investing in.

Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray -I was more than excited to try them out. I've seen the Beach Babe floating around Pinterest so when I got it in my box it was kind of fun to test out. This stuff worked alright for me. I didn't really try it on new freshly washed hair but used it on my day old do. It worked great, gave me a little curl and I'm excited to try it out on my wavy non-dry hair because I'm sure it'll be even better yet!

Skinny Girl Daily On-the-go Bars! -I was kinda a skeptic about this one. I'm normally not a "bars" kind of person because they NEVER taste as good as the wrappers look. I tried this one on the way home from our little vacation and decided this is something I might just buy after all. I could for sure taste the blueberries and the subtle amount of yogurt in them was enough that I could taste it but not too overwhelming. I would highly recommend these to anyone interested in a tastefully satisfying bar!

Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response -Ok so I have a secret to tell you, I really don't sweat too much and until about a year or two ago I rarely had to even wear deodorant. I just didn't produce sweat, that or I just didn't work hard enough?! So, when I got this I was like, eh, I prob don't need it considering I don't go through a whole stick of regular deodorant in a year. But, I was pleased with it. The smell was great, yup, I base my purchase off the smell, and the overall usage of the deodorant was fairly pleasant. I normally just apply if I know I'm going to work out or be in a heated enviornment so it worked great for me.

**If you're interested in joining or want a kit of your own by all means shoot me an e-mail and I'll get you invited and signed up for yourself!**


"I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes."

16 comments:

  1. So many goodies! My box is lost somewhere in AZ but hopefully I get it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! So unlucky you, you don't even get to try out your goodies yet! Promise they're great :)

      Delete
  2. That's so exciting! & i've seen you post on instagram about these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe Yes, I've posted a couple of them. Gotta love that i.gram :)

      Delete
  3. That sea salt spray looks interesting- I'm always looking for ways to improve my alwaysinaponytail hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it and I love how it gives my thin "alwaysinaponytail" hair a little more omph. With thing hair and constant ponytails my hair doesnt do much for me either :(

      Delete
  4. The sea salt spray was the only disappointment for me in my voxbox. It did nothing for my hair whatsoever. I loved my SG Bar even though it's doubtful I'll buy any :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it just kept my hair from going greasy a little better and I won't buy the deodorant either. I'm a cheapo :P

      Delete
  5. Sounds fun to me! I like getting mail! Send me an invite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! It's one of those sites you've gotta stay active with in order to get freebies but totally worth it cause look at the size of the goodies!

      Delete
  6. That's fun mail!

    And PS...totally paint the mailbox teal or aqua...you can't go wrong with teal or aqua!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First things first, I think a teal mailbox would be just about then best thing ever. Do it!

    My VoxBox had the alternate NYM's product - the hair spray - and I was so bummed to see that I missed out on the sea salt spray as I have been wanting to try it for a lonnnng time but they're always out at my Ulta. So, good for you for getting the better of the two products :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuck, lucky I didn't get stuck with yours :P The only thing I loved about mine is that I could go three whole days without washing my hair (don't judge me!)

      Delete
  8. This looks SO fun!! Gotta LOVE freebies and trying new products too ;*) I'd love an invite!!
    .... & L-O-V-E the teal mailbox idea! Super fun color to see whenever checking your snail mail for goodies like these! ;)
    PS: too cute how your mail carrier attached the box ~ teehee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoot em an email with your addy and I'll send you an invite to Influenster!

      Delete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!