Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekend Review

This past weekend was all about celebrations! 

Friday- After work I went to Wilber to help with the Fish Fry at the church. I love my church family and we always find ways to create laughter. We ended up running out of fish half an hour early, so I'd say it was a successful evening. 

Saturday- A baby shower for a neighbor to kick-off the morning, me and Shelby decided on some morning mimosas and we loved helping her celebrate baby that's due in May! I've struggled "fitting in" since me and Travis got together. Although I only moved about six miles down the road from my parents house he went to a different school so we really didn't hang out in high school. That means his whole crew I never was around. It was really hard to find friends, they were all in different stages of their lives and most were married by the time me and Travis got together. It was tough, but I'm so lucky to now have a solid group of girls I feel comfortable calling my friends. We don't have girls night slumber parties but we do take the time to check in on each other. Lucky me :)

Saturday I also enjoyed going to a powerful musical drama of Jesus at the Southview Baptist Church. Er Mer Gerd it was amazing!! Seriously, I had tears in my eyes when they showed them crucifying Jesus, and they even hung him on a cross! Crazy good!! If you're in Nebraska you should probably check it out and add it to your calendar to go watch next year. They had live animals, real babies and I'd say at least 40-50 actors in the play. It was even free to go to! This thing was a huge deal, the time, effort and money put into this was amazingly worth going to, I really wish they would have had a donation box I could have added to!

Then that evening we met up as a family and went to a Pheasants Forever banquet supper. The prime rib was amazing, the socializing was great and I got to hang out with the fam. Bonus! It's nice hanging out with people I don't see as often. I got to chit chat with our neighbors and boy do I miss Ardie's witty-ness! Travis somehow got sucked into staying late at my parents, luckily for me we drove separate. I was home and in bed by one, he was not. Somehow he ended up at the neighbors after he checked cows and was up until 4 am?! Crazy!!

Sunday- Ya, woke up late, missed my alarm and skipped both Bible Study and Church. Ooops! Decided I should do something so I cleaned the house up, organized the office a little bit and vegged out in front of the tv. If you have me on Instagram you'll notice that I snapped this shot on the right. Yup, that's right ladies and gents, I'm officially DONE with school! Like with all of my classes! WOOOOHOOOO!! In four years I have accomplished finishing up both my AgriBusines Degree AND my BusinessAdmin degree. I feel so accomplished and excited to be DONE with classes. This was my first Sunday in four years that I wasn't sitting down to finish up homework that was due at midnight. As an extra special celebration me and Travis went out for Chinese. Then, lucky me he offered to go grocery shopping with me. I ended up using on $10 in coups but hey, I wasn't preparing for this trip!!

This weekend was one of the more eventful ones I've had in awhile, but of course, wouldn't change it!! 

*On another completely separate note: I cannot believe that it's been three years to the day that my grandma Dorothy Homolka reached her Heavenly destination. I was extremely close with my Homolka grandparents and I spent a lot of time with them growing up. I miss her dearly and I often think of her especially around this time of year and on holidays. I often wonder what she'd think or tell me if she were around today. What she'd think of me and my accomplishments, of my ever-creative ways to bring in a side income, of my attitude and grace towards others, about my effort and time I put into volunteer work and how rewarding it's all been. I often laugh and wonder if she's up in Heaven watching me pull my crazy shenanigans on Czech Days and laughing while sitting in the information booth up there. The one thing I really wish I could know is what her and grandpa think of Travis. Would they love him to death as much as I do? But the question that burns the most is when will we be able to see each other again and make some strudel's, play kings on the corner and drink diet sodas together? I'll always miss you and I'm sure that you and grandpa are getting your polka on up there. Being's grandpa has those young legs back and you'll have that sassy dark hair again! Oh how I miss both of you so much. Today I've been sending up some extra prayers that the Lord will wrap his arms around me and give me extra hugs in hopes that it'll make the pain of missing you hurt a little less. 


This was the last picture taken of me with grandma, it was taken about a week or so before she passed away. I was crowned the Wilber Czech Queen and I was so blessed she decided to attend it. It was almost as if she held on, wanting to make it to see me being crowned. I dedicated my "running" that year to my grandparents, they are the ones, afterall, who pushed me to take pride in my Czech heritage and promote my love of it to others. I love my family more than anything and without them, I'd have no support system. 

16 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful weekend! Baby showers are always fun - however they don't really help those who already have {baby fever}.. ahem, me.

    My heart goes out to you with today being the anniversary of a loved one's death. I lost both of my grandparents within three months of each other 3 years ago come May. And still, even three years later, I break down and pour my heart out asking God "why?"... but somehow I always pull myself together and know that they are in a better place and them and God are both looking down offering comfort in knowing I will see them again someday. I hope you find the same comfort! It's never easy losing a grandparent, or anyone close to you, but it's always easier knowing you'll see them again in Heaven!

    Love you much!
    xo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed on baby fever! I'm needing a wedding fever though first. I'm like seriously considering the baby before marriage thing as I feel the need for one NOW!!

      I too lost loved ones insanely close. Like I had an uncle pass away of cancer and the day before that a friend from school pass away in a rollover accident. Imagine the hurt I suffered going to two funerals back to back!! God has a way of making us stronger and I've always believed that no matter how tough it can get God will always prove that he's got something bigger in store down the road.

      Thanks so much for the heart touching message. It meant the world reading it today! I love seeing friends like you really get personal to reach out and send me thought things like this!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on graduating! :) It feels so good, doesn't it?

    side note.....
    you were royalty? I was too!

    I was crowned queen of my hometown in 2008! :)

    -Heather Ann
    Every Girl Like Me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait what?!?!??!?!?! I was the community college homecoming qqueen too! Oh I love finding out randoms about others :)

      Delete
  3. Glad you had such a great weekend! I loved seeing all of your IG posts over the weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loooove instagram! Seriously might be considered addicted at this point! :D

      Delete
  4. What a busy and fun weekend! .. I was very close with my grandma who passed away just last month. I'm sending prayers and good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking of you too girl! It's always tough :(

      Delete
  5. Busy busy Kelsey! But I think you like it that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you've noticied the pattern. If I sit still I get in trouble. It's best if I'm constantly filled with busy things ;)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on graduating! You must be relieved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so excited to find new randoms to do :)

      Delete
  7. Congrats on finishing your second degree! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to be done! I cannot wait for the fun activities to start now

      Delete
  8. That's great that you found a group of girls to fit in with..whenever we move back we'll be going to where Wyatt grew up, so I'm hoping I can find the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where is he from? If it's close you can be my bestest friend!!!

      Delete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!