Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Farming On The Four's

Time has been going 1000 miles per hour and I didn't have time to post about what was going on around the farm so I'm playing catch-up with you guys.


We haven't really been up to anything meaningful these past few days, moving cattle here, waiting to get into the field there. Mostly, we've been anxiously waiting to get into the field to start anhydrousing. The boys have a ton of prep work to finish up before we can plant the fields so here's to hoping it stops raining and dries up a bit!


I got home after work one day and found this little buddy munching away at some prarie hay in the feeder. He reminded me a lot of myself, why eat with the others when I can crawl up on the table and get comfy with my food! 

The picture below is of one of the storm clouds that came crashing through on Sunday evening. I wanted to get a run in so I went out for awhile, I got about 1/4 mile into my run and I see a strike of lightning close to home so I take off sprinting to get back to the house before the storm hits. To top it off, I had to pull my steaks off the grill and get that put away before the winds picked up. No steaks were harmed, I wasn't stuck by lightning and I'm proud to inform you that we did recieve a good 10/100's of rain. Sad I didn't get a good run in but oh well, the shot turned out neat :)



Just gotta keep reminding myself that after every storm God promises us a rainbow. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on earth. -Genesis 9:16

3 comments:

  1. Pretty shots!!!!! The guys on the farm my hubby works for have been doing the same as yours! They did get done with the anhydrous and got the planter out, but then it decided that it was gonna snow! It'll get done eventually..we're very thankful for the moisture!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh running adventures in NE, always a fun time, glad to hear you didnt get fried by lightening, I'd call that a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty shots. And cows are my favorite! =)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!