Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Guest Post: Filiz from Light & Sweet

So I met Filiz awhile back, not sure where we bumped paths, she's just always been fun and I've always been excited to read her new posts. She started blogging a couple months after me, I've noticied a bunch of us started around the same time. Lucky for us we're all loving it and continuing to keep up with our blogging love. The blog community can be so supportive and fun, Filiz is proof that friendships can grow even if you don't know each other "in real life". So, let's let her tell you guys a little more about herself:

*************************************************************************

XLT= Extra Large Teddy
Why Hello There! I'm Filiz, and I blog over at Light & Sweet. A little bit about the blog - - Light & Sweet is a lifestyle blog where I share my adventures in DIY, Cooking, Style, Beauty and ... well... life! I chose the name Light & Sweet because I like to keep things fun and lighthearted.

Here are snip-its of whats going on over at L&S:
DIY Teacup Candles
DIY Picture Frame Earring Holder
Avocado Basil Pesto
Fruity Shots
Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Weekend Views
Seeing as Kelsey has been so sweet to invite me over here, and I don't usually get too personal, I thought "What the HECK, I'll tell you more about me!" So here it goes, a few random facts: 1. First and most frequently asked, my name, Filiz. It is a common feminine Turkish name meaning "sprout". But it seems to be most commonly associated with Filiz Akin, who was one of the famous actresses in the history of Turkish cinema. 2. I absolutely could not live without hot sauce! I am the poster child for Frank's RedHot's slogan "I put that *$%# on everything" 3. I have recently developed an obsession with Restaurant Impossible. Yes, I know it is soo predictable and repetitive, but I love the reveals on opening night! 4. I am afraid of cockroaches and needles. Yeah yeah... so is everyone, but seriously I freak out, cry and even pass out at the sight of either. 5. I am a huge fan of The Price is Right (I'm watching it right now)! I know that makes me about 90 years old, but I am totally cool with that. 

 Well I think that's it for now, thanks for hanging out with me on KUWK! I'd like to thank Kelsey again for having me today. Anyway, stop on by Light & Sweet sometime and say hello! I'd love to meet you!

****************************************************************************

Oh, did I mention I LOVE that giant teddy she's holding? I want one to cuddle with!! Also, since she's sooo nice (like I told you she was) she's offering you guys a giveaway! You heard that right, she's giving you lucky followers something fun! Be sure to follow the links and get entered. And make sure you use your manners and say thank-you!



Also, don't forget if you're interested in doing a guest post get ahold of me. We'll figure out a date that works or here's what the schedule looks like so far:


April 9th- Horseshoes & Pearls
April 16th- open
April 23rd- open
April 30th- open
May 7th- open
May 14th- open

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for swinging by! I believe it's time to pick a winner isn't it?!?!

      Delete
  2. I would love to do a guest post...if you would like to do one for me that would be so fun!

    Can I pick May 7th as the day?

    -Heather Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely you can have May 7th! I've got the rest of April open if you'd like to post sooner too! ;) So excited!

      Delete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!