Monday, April 1, 2013

Totally Rad 5k Run

So, don't mind the solicitation here for a second but I'm wanting to let all my local buddies know that I'm participating in this sweet 5k coming up in April! 


I'm super excited! Listening to 80's bands, rockin the big hair and pulling out the scrunchies is what this race is all about. Oh, and running. Ya, don't forget we're supposed to run it.

My goal is to run a 5k every month until the end of the year. I know with summer getting crazy sometimes it might not work but I'm really hoping to get in at least one race. 


Here's an idea I found on Pinterest for an 80's wear costume. Honestly, the part I'm so pumped about is the fact that I get to plan an outfit for it. I'm all about planning the outfit and to be completely honest, it's not about how fast I run but instead about how RAD I look. ;) 

Oh, does anyone have a fanny pack I could borrow? Mine got lost and thrown away in the 90's but I'd of course love to borrow one sometime in hopes that it'll add to my "style". 

If you're interested in this run by all means contact me, the wonderful people in charge of this run gave me a code to give out to all my friends to get a $5 discount off of registration! I'm all about saving money due to the fact that I'm running at least 7 races so even $5 can help out!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You should start doing some 5k's! They're so fun :)

      Delete
  2. I love this! :)

    80's is the best!!!! You will rock it!
    I am doing the color run in July and am so excited to pick out the outfit (even though it is supposed to be about the running) haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am doing the color run! I've got mine in May though!!

      Delete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!