Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Guest Post: Heather from Every Girl Like Me

Ok, so this week we get to meet this sweet gorgeous gal named Heather. She's pretty much my twin but from a couple hundred miles away! Oh, she also has a 101 in 1001 list. Cool right!? I hope she gets further along in hers than I have. Mine's taken the back burner here lately. Here's to me getting on it and finishing mine up!! And, to top it off, she has my old blog format. Everytime I go to her blog I get a little jealous and kind of want to switch back. But I'll keep what I've got for now :)

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

Hey Everyone! First I need to give a shout out to my girl, Kelsey for letting me guest post on her blog today! Isn't she just fabulous? I am so glad I have found her and we have become friends. 

Let me introduce myself now, I am Heather and I blog over at Every Girl Like Me. It is my little slice of heaven and escape from reality. I write about anything and everything that is on my mind, sometimes good and sometimes bad. Stop over and take a look! 

Every Girl Like Me
Since I know Kelsey is a country girl at heart I decided to talk about all things country today because well, I may be from Minnesooooooota but I love my down home country roots. I live in a small, everybody knows everybody town and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

This is how us country Minnesotans like to do things.
Grab a glass of wine beer and hang on.

If you are a true Minnesotan you will find yourself working with bait. I have proudly worked at the same bait shop for seven summers. It is a perfect summer job for my summers off of teaching.

Sorting Leeches

If you are a true Minnesotan, you of course are a country music fan and will take any opportunity to meet country stars. Don't worry, Miranda Lambert and I chatted away like we were the best of friends. 


Miranda Lambert

If you are a true Minnesotan, you love your sunrise and sunset pictures. I can not get enough. And of course they all have to be taken over a lake...I mean we are the land of 10,000 lakes.



Speaking of lakes, you aren't a true Minnesotan if you don't love a good lake day, every other day. (insert the song Pontoon by Little Big Town)

Red Neck Yacht Club

You aren't a true Minnesotan if you don't know what a local Ambassador Scholarship Program is. I was able to dress up in a tiara, receive a scholarship and have a Miss title for a year. Best year ever.


Yep, that's me! Represent. 

Last but not least, You are not a true Minnesotan if you can't rock one of these....

Blaze Orange Snowmobile Suit

I hope you enjoyed my little explanation of how things are done here in Minnesota. Andd of course we are 'Minnesota Nice' so come up and vist, I will take you out and show you around my little slice of heaven. :) 

You can find me below:



post signature

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

And there you have it. She's a complete gem. I know she's been one tough lady here lately and I know she'll only have good days from here on out. Go stop by her neck of the woods and be sure to say hi! I promise she'll give you a laugh or two ;)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks girl for having me post!! :) :)

    you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. new follower from the friend connect hop!
    www.violetlulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came here from Heather's blog. I think I will stick around. :)

      Delete
  3. So much fun! I have never been to Minnesota. Really, I haven't been much of anywhere in that whole part of the country! Great photos =)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!