Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pancakes & Bacon Cupcakes

After a couple people asked (SUZI!) for the recipe because they saw my picture on Instagram I decided to just share with everyone! This recipe is super yummy and although the bacon might seem deterring trust me, it's soooo good! It's got the sweet & salty thing going on. Here is the link to the recipe I used but I adapted some parts to work a little easier for me.

CUPCAKE RECIPE:
Ingredients:
-2 1/2 cups flour
-2 teaspoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (it called for ginger but I didn't have any and didn't want to buy any)
-1 stick or 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
-1/2 cup light-brown sugar
-2 large eggs
-1 1/4 cups maple syrup
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-1/2 cup buttermilk

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven 350 degrees F.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together. Set aside.
3. Then beat the butter and sugar on medium speed in a large bowl until they are fluffy. (Your butter must be soft!) 

4. Add in eggs, syrup and vanilla. Mix until blended.
5. Then mix in the flour mixture alternating with the buttermilk. Do about 1/3 of the flour and then 1/3 of the buttermilk, and so on.
6. Fill muffin or cupcake tins, either lined or buttered, according to your preference. (I used liners)
7. Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until your tester comes out clean. (I use a steak knife)
8. Cool totally and then ice with Maple-Butter Frosting.

Makes about 24 cupcakes.


FROSTING RECIPE:
Ingredients:
-1 cup of softened, unsalted butter-3 ounces of cream cheese, also softened-2/3 cup of dark-brown sugar (I use golden)-1/4 teaspoon salt-3/4 cup of maple syrup-3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract-1 cup of confectioners' (icing) sugar


Directions: 
1. Beat the softened butter, cream cheese, brown sugar and salt in a medium-sized bowl until fluffy. Once again, it is critical that your ingredients be softened.
2. While you keep beating, add both the maple syrup and the vanilla.
3. Slowly add the confectioners' sugar and gradually increase the speed to high. Continue beating until the icing is fluffy. (DO NOT leave on for too long, it'll look funky and not look fluffy anymore, I got side tracked and came back and it looked weird, tastes fine just looks odd)
4. Chill the maple-butter frosting for one hour before using.

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! Thanks, Definitely trying these!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, oh my. I'm keeping this recipe handy! Those look DELISH. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!