Friday, October 18, 2013

Give And It Will Be Given To You

Checked out my app, "Daily Bible Verse" and today's verse basically has summed up my emotions about current situations in my life perfectly!

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." -Luke 6:38

So what does that mean to me? It means I have been patiently waiting and praying for so long in hopes that my prayers will be answered. I need to stop asking and just throw my hands up and yell (out loud for good measures) that I'm giving up and that he will be the one to give me what he wants when he's ready. He's waiting for the perfect opportunity to open up and is just making me strong enough right now to handle everything at once.

Have you ever seen or heard about those camels that have so much they're carrying that one single piece of straw will break them. Well, that's me right now! I feel like I've had everything thrown at me and I'm fully loaded down but I know that I'm strong enough to somehow handle it, that one day some I will be able to look back and laugh and say, "Wow I thought it was a lot back then, look at all that I have now!" I know that day's a comin, it just has to!


3 comments:

  1. That’s exactly where I am right now, Just yesterday I came to pretty much the same conclusion I can’t do this all myself so I just turned it all over to the lord, and will let him guide me because obviously I haven’t been doing a very good job of it myself. I have been praying about all of it but I didn’t really turn it over to him. As you said it will make us stronger.
    Take Care
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. love ya girly! what a great verse! good luck on the run today! you will rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome post girl. and yes that's exactly what we need to do. Just pray and when God answers our prayers we know he has fulfilled our life. God is awesome in so many ways. ASK AND IT WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU, SEEK AND YOU WILL FIND, KNOCK AND THE DOOR WILL BE OPEN UPTO YOU. come stop by my place and show some love. pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!