Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunshine Blogger Award

Eeek! I'm so excited to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! It's been awhile since I've been nominated for anything so an occasional award to remind me that I'm "cool" enough or "inspirational" enough to other bloggers is always a boost of confidence. 

On another note: Chelsee and Rachel have the worlds BEST Snapchats known to man. I love learning about blog buddies via real life situations and finding out that they're not actually catfishing me makes me feel a little safer reading their blogs. I kid you not, having snap wars is hilarious! We've got to somehow find a way to market these conversations and sell them, hello side income!! If you're on SnapChat add me: kuwkels but just don't be that creeper than sends me random screaming-into-your-screen Wrecking Ball videos (cough Rach), well actually, please do!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rules:
1. Include the blog button in your post or on your blog (I usually add the button to my "featured" page so it'll link back to +Chelsee W and you can read her post as well)
2. Link up to the person who nominated you (Yay Chelsee from Southern Beauty Guide)
3. Answer the questions provided from the person who nominated you
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive this award. Link the nominees to the post letting them know you've nominated them)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions for Kelsey:

1. If you could be in any tv show, what character would you play? -Alright, not fair! I watch waaaay too much reality tv so I can't really "play" a character but instead if I could choose a reality show to go on, I'd probably choose Big Brother since I do, after all, do a link up with +Rachel S and it's dedicated to our thoughts on the weekly events. If I had to choose a movie, it'd probably be some type of sappy love story where the girl ended up getting the guy and they lived happily ever after. Ya, the movies that make you cry and eat ice cream. That's what I'd star in :)

2. What is the number one thing that you wish you could change from your past? -Umm, I've made a couple of mistakes in my past, but to be honest, I'm a believer in the theory that God puts us in those situations to learn and inspire us to do things different in our lives. I can pinpoint one moment in my life that was extremely tough the summer before my senior year, I truly believe that through that situation I learned that the Lord has a purpose for me to serve him through being active in my community and church. 

3. What is your best piece of blogging advice? -Stay active! Don't fall off the map like me for a month and expect people to stick around. I had some loyal friends (and I love them for it) but some people I was in constant contact with stopped talking to me. And never underestimate yourself, the number of followers doesn't matter, blog from your heart and the followers and connections will eventually flow. 

4. Are you pro or anti-vampires? -I don't believe in those creepy things! As a matter of fact, when I think of vampires I think of Count Dracula from Sesame Street. So in this case, I'm pro-vampires!

5. Have you attended a Blogging Conference and if so, which one? -No and I'm dying to go to one! I have been wanting to find one to attend since I started blogging but I never know about them until after my friends attend it. Next time you followers find out ones coming up you better let me know!!

6. Who are your top three favorite blogs to read? -Seriously? I have to pick just three? I'm not doing it, nope, you can't make me! ( +Rachel S+Chelsee W, +Stephanie Samuel+Brin Hopeman+Sandra Koll+Amanda Barstow you ladies know who you are, no need to do a ton of shout outs for somethin like this)  

7. Cats, dogs or both? -Umm, glad you brought it up! I currently own a dog and a couple cats, and honestly, I'm allergic to them. Don't get me wrong I love them and I play with them often when I'm outside, but if a cat scratches me WATCH OUT! I will break out and start sneezing like it's my job. Just keep the critters to a minimum and I'm a happy camper.

8. What is your biggest pet peeve? -Probably someone chewing with their mouth open, people seeing my messages and not replying, or the a-holes that want my help but I don't even get a thank you outta the deal. 

9. What is your current favorite song or movie? -Right now my fav song is Wrecking Ball (don't judge) only because anytime I hear it I freak out and grab my phone to snap it to Rach & Chels. Otherwise anything Dolly, probably Hard Candy Christmas, or 9 to 5. And fav movies, Hangover or I Love Lucy.
9 To 5 by Dolly Parton on Grooveshark

10.  How excited are you that I nominated you? -I peed my pants, flushed them down the potty, ate dog poop, licked a wrecking ball, and then I roared at the top of my lungs while Katy Perry sang to me.... Ok fine, yes I'm excited, that's a rhetorical question!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Questions for Nominees: 
1. How did you find or become friends with Kelsey from Keeping Up With Kelsey?
2. Most addicting social media outlet?
3. If you could choose any career (other than the one you have) what would you choose?
4. Share a funny or embarrassing crush you had!
5. Guilty pleasure that you often indulge in? Dare to share!
6. If your house was burning down, what would you grab?
7. Do your family or friends read your blog?
8. One thing you've always wanted to try but you're too chicken to do it?
9. What is your biggest blogging accomplishment to date?
10. What's one thing you've learned about Kelsey (me) that you didn't know before this?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Blogs I've Nominated:
1. Sara from Sara Magalena
2. Heather from Every Girl Like Me
3. Rachel from Rachel's Country Roots
4. Suzi from Chores & Chandeliers
5. Becca from Faith Love and Babies
6. Lauren from Tennessee Honey
7. Nicole from Our Humble Webb
8. Kenzie from Chasing Happy
9. Megan from Semi-Charmed Kind of Life
10. Nikki from The Pink Growl

5 comments:

  1. Aw thank you darling :) I like reading you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh thanks lovely! you are so sweet! I am going to have to find room for this post somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get nominated but I did answer the questions and linked back to you.

    http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/2013/10/questions.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome! You can totally link this up at my Sunshine Blogger Award post http://shanascott.blogspot.com/2013/10/a-really-happy-award.html and join in for the next one because I also nominated you! I believe after two awards it proves how much you truly deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a brave soul for posting your snapchat name lol Thanks for all the shout outs BBFF you are FAB!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!