Monday, October 21, 2013

Weekend Review

I was really busy this weekend. I'm going to just post a quick update on the weekend and then go into detail on other posts. For example, I did a 5k and also spent quite a bit of time of the farm in tractors and combines. The 5k results will get their own post, and Farming On The Four's will fill you in on the rest of the farming updates. Instead, I'll just give you an Instagram recap of the weekend. Short and simple :)


1. Lil Friday night action happening in the big red combine. Ok, legit no action but you know what I mean. First day of corn harvest is about 3/4 of the way done and we haven't sunk in a mud hole yet! 
2. They're trusting me to drive the combine! Eeek! Nerud Farms might be my new career path ;)
3. Best place to get some reading done? Buddy seat of the combine! I loooove harvest
4. It is way to early to be packing the race bag! Whoever plans a race where I need to leave home by 6:15 and it's 34 degrees out is nuts. Bett yet, whoever participates in these races is even more nuts! Wish me luck!
5. T-Minus half hour until race time. Here we go!!
6. Course was cut short but it was a blast!! Felt good to get out there and log some miles! Whining about the temps didn't help because once I started I was fine. On another note; I'm gonna be sneezing blue for days...
7. Life on the farm. Hands down it might be our busiest time of the year but I love it. Spending time in the combine is great but I do much better feeling like I'm actually helping so I'll sit at the end rows and wait for him in the grain cart and tractor.
8. You know you have photog problems when your Tahoe cup holders are used for your camera and lens' instead of for drinks. Ahh, such is the life!
9. Lil shopping and Hu Hot time before seeing the Big Bad Bon Jovi! Eeeek!!
10. Mr. Jovi himself reppin it on stage! WooHoo :)
11. Jovi had my heart until his keyboard player pulled out the accordrion and played a couple tunes for us. Get off the stage Bonnie Boy, the curly haired feller stole the show!!!
12. Thank you bestie for coming to the Bon Jovi concert with me! I couldn't have had a better time with anyone else. No one else has stuck around to deal with my crazy personality longer than you. I think it's partially because our dads grew up together and raised a rukus in high school and then had us first borns less than a month apart. That may be the reason we're so close but I'm not 100% sure. Oh well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

So, in a nutshell, that's what went on this weekend. Farming after work on Friday, running a 5k in the morning on Saturday, then helping to harvest more corn. Then Sunday was filled with shopping and the Bon Jovi concert. It was an absolute blast! I love weekends that are busy being filled with memory making activities! 

Order your goodies today!!

4 comments:

  1. I love that I had sneak previews of some of these pictures via snapchat and instagram all weekend :)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had an awesome weekend! Love the little previews :)

    - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine
    alexmhons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bon jovi concert was great! My sister was so excited to go last minute too! The seats were more than we could hope for, better than floor seats in my opinion! Thanks Kelsey (and Pinnacle Bank Arena) for the give away! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!