Friday, January 31, 2014

Biebs Babble -Oops, Biebs Did It Again!-


So, most of you know about the Bieb's getting into trouble. He choose to drink and drive along with a few other things that landed him a mug shot at his local jail. Not the best decision this multi-millionaire teen has made I'm sure, but does he truly deserve to be ridiculed on all the major gossip channels and all over the internet for it? Watch this and then inform me of your decision.



I'm not the type that voices my opinion over current events very often but after watching that clip I felt that you guys deserve to know how I'm feeling about this topic.

I'M PRO BEAVER!

I may not like the guy, his music or his lack of style but I do believe that he's human and deserves to be treated like one. If we were to judge everyone for every single mistake they've ever made none of us would be making our grand entrance into the golden gates of Heaven. I'm the first to admit that I've messed up in my past. Maybe not to the extent of being judged by the court system on how my next few years will look but I've ran into mischief before too.

You see, after I saw a friend post this video (thanks again Joel) I choose to watch it first, then go and read all comments that people were leaving about how they felt on the topic. Some were fence riders, some were against the Biebs and some were all about giving the guy a little slack. The one thing I am very thankful for is that they were all courteous enough to respect each other's opinions.
I learned something today, I learned that no matter how hard we try to do our best sometimes we can (and will) fall off the wagon and there will always be someone there to judge us on what we've done wrong. They're the first to point out that the devil lives all around us. The first to throw "word vomit" at us and insult us. And most importantly, they're the first to watch us crumble and not offer a helping hand to pick us up or stop and pray with/for us.

I don't think it's fair to purposefully make fun of people when they're going through tough times and struggles like this. I am not giving Justin a "get out of jail free" card because I believe he does need to take responsibilities for his actions but I also think that we need to help him. Maybe he doesn't realize that this little stunt he is pulling will affect his entire life and like Craig said, could potentially turn into a downward spiral like Brittney's life. 

Not. Healthy.
What struck me about Craig's snippet was the fact that he realized after making fun of people on tv, that when he met them in person, the people made him feel guilty without even saying a single word about their clips they've watched. He knew deep down that his character knew better than to be poking fun at others misfortunes. His moral compass was telling him that although viewership's may have enjoyed the jokes and made hundreds of thousands of people laugh that one person was being hurt in the situation. He realized that he was essentially bullying someone and it wasn't ok.
I applaud him for stepping up and trying to stop the bullying of celebs. It's easy to crack Michael Jackson or Anna Nicole jokes without thinking twice but look what happened to them. Drug over dosage wasn't a coincidence. We may never know the real story but we do know that he must have been significantly unhappy with himself to be self-medicating that much.
To be stuck in a deep hole of sadness and feeling like the world is against you is not a good place to be. The constant battle against yourself that you're not a good person is enough but to have the entire nation talking smack all around you can be enough to put some celebs over the edge. 

No one, no matter their "social status" or their bank account value or their skin color deserves to be bullied at any level. 

Sometimes the build-up of hurtful words or actions against a person can cause a major storm at a certain point and break them down. I've experienced it first hand to be at both ends of the storm.
It's not just their own lives that are then affected by the hurting persons actions against themselves or others. It's the families of the loved ones who commit suicide, or the friends of a bomber who attempts to kill hundreds in a school. Millions of lives can be affected by the actions of bullies.
I know I've really blown the Biebs story out of proportion but what I'm trying to get across is that BULLYING IS NOT OK. We, as American citizens, shouldn't stoop down to the level of social media and current events and need to stop giving in to laughing at other people's misfortunes, especially when those people are extremely vulnerable. If someone is acting out it's a sign they need help and it's our duty to step up and help them!

Come vote for me daily! I'd love to run my first full marathon with your help for FREE! 
(Plus you could win a free ticket of your own)

2 comments:

  1. Interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing. I'm against bullying as well, but I also think that celebrities choose to take this path in life and put themselves out there. They know that their every action will be scrutinized. That doesn't mean I think it's right, but that's how it is. In the case of Justin Bieber, it hit me that he is only 19! He is SO young and was shot to super-stardom and had so much wealth at such a young age. I think this is becoming a major problem in our society. All that fame and money has to go to your head and then I think they don't know how to handle it when it starts to slip away. I also wonder how much of a parent their parents are being when their kid becomes the most popular person on the planet and is making loads of money. I definitely didn't like all the rules and punishments my parents handed out when I was a teenager, but I needed it. It molded me into who I am today. I don't think a lot of these child/teen stars get that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he definitely shouldnt get special treatment just b/c he's a famous singer. I dont care for him and you see it more often that tv,music and etc famous stars get in trouble. Take for instance Lindsey Lohan and I'm sure there's others.

    http://www.bloglovin.com/pinkowl07
    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!