Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Fitness New Years Resolutions

The main reason I wanted to create this post is because I know a lot of you bloggers had New Years resolutions that consisted of fitness activities and getting into shape. If you're like me, you've made big promises to focus on losing a couple pounds and becoming more toned up. But, if you're anything close to actually being like me, this is what it may look like in the process of achieving those goals:
First I like to start out my stretching niiiice and good to make sure I'm ready to work some muscles...
3
Then I like to start off with a quick jog on the treadmill to get my heart pumping...
1
I'm feeling good, nice and pumped at this point, ready to jump into some weight training...
fail (4924) Animated Gif on Giphy
But then reality finally sinks in and I realize that this gym thing just isn't for me. So I just slowly gather my belongings and sneak out the side door and hide my tail as I head back to my vehicle. 
image
I then arrive at home and lace up my shoes, I guess I may as well face the facts that I'm not cut out for gyms but instead I'm a runner, and I should just go run instead...
image
But even then, sometimes who I imagine I look like while running (above) and what I actually look like running (below) are two separate stories...
image
I finally look down to see that RunKeeper has proved I've ran my 4 miles for the day or other set amount that seems incredibly further than it really is and I slow down to a nice walk at a snails pace on the way back to the house. Sometimes working out can be exhausting but I love it... kinda.

So, with all that being said. How do your workouts go? Do you epic fail and whine about it for awhile then get back up and push yourself to work harder and focus on what you can do? Don't dwell on what you can't do right now, that's the point of hitting goals right?! You start out unable to accomplish a task and hope (and pray) that someday you'll be able to complete something that you've set out to do. Then, once you've obtained that goal, you set a higher bar to reach.
To some this may be adding an extra plate to your bench you're lifting, to others, it may be signing up for a 10k instead of a 5k this next race. Everyone's goals can look different, that's great if they are. You're wanting to push yourself to be the best you that you can be! 

How are you 2014 fitness goals coming along? We're almost a month into the new year and I'm interested to see who is punching themselves over buying that yearly gym membership and whose been putting their workout clothes to use over the past month! Hopefully everyone's learning that it takes a lot of dedication to get out there and workout! :)

Oh, and if you didn't hear yet, I'm wanting to do a fun fitness style link-up monster. It's tough to explain so go read this post, Lookin Lean in 2014 and it'll explain it a bit better.

Don't forget to vote daily for me to win a trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!