Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Lookin Lean in 2014 ((Fitness Challenge Link-Up))


I've already mentioned several times that I'm focusing on consistency for 2014 when it comes to my workouts but even more so I'm working on other types of fitness besides my running. I want to really tone it up this year so I need to realize that although I've become accustomed to feeling "safe" while out running it's now time to step out of my comfort zone and work on new types of fitness activities.

I'm really wanting to start an accountability group to see how everyone measures up by the end of the year and I'll even throw in some fun prizes for those who come out on top! Sooo, here's my question to you:

Are you willing to become a better you?

If so, let's go ahead and get this partaaay started!! I'm looking for one or two "hosts" who are willing to help with the organizing of this challenge and checking in on people but I'm also looking for participants!! I'm going to make up final rules here soon but right now here are my main "rules."

LOOKIN LEAN IN 2014 CHALLENGE
1. Be willing to do a beginner post about your goals for your fitness journey for 2014.
2. Do a check in post about your progress and come link up with us.
3. Be willing to encourage your partners and fellow fitness pals!
4. Send one "fitness fun" package throughout the year to your match-up.
5. Participate in some of the challenges throughout the year.
6. Do a final post at the end of the year about how you did.

I'll do some tweaking and set up definitive rules about what will all be involved but I want to see what type of interest this will have. I have heard from others that they want a group of encouraging individuals to help push them with their goals and I haven't found many blogs that have put together anything similar so I decided it was time to do something. 

My main goal when I started this was to just get a link-up going with what you've been doing to stay active but it then morphed into a giant list of different ideas I've seen floating around the blog-o-sphere. I love the idea of connecting in so many ways to keep yourself active and trying new things. 

Interested in it?! Want to help co-host? Ready to pre-sign up to get added to my list for when I do the official sign up? Then go ahead 

SIGN UP HERE

I'm also creating a fcreep group dedicated to this group. I'm not going to be adding members to it until I get the official sign-ups ready to roll out but here's the start of it. Lookin Lean in 2014 Keep an eye out for the official sign up within a week or two. I'm wanting to kick off this challenge before the end of the month so that others can participate! 

Check out this awesome sponsor!

3 comments:

  1. hey girl, you know I am in to host (co-host) with you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally where I am myself - I recently took up cycling after being embarrassingly sedentary for a long time, and now that I've found my comfort zone with that I know that I've got to start stretching myself in other areas. So far I've tried a little yoga, and I'm having a go at some 'Challenge' apps.

    Catarina @ Wild Fitness

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!