Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Recipe ((CrockPot Taco Soup))

Umm, I'm not sure if you got the mail lately but it's cold here in Nebraska. I'm talkin like below zero windchill cold! And with temperatures that ridiculously low it pumps a damper on me wanting to crawl out of bed or accomplish anything because I'm scared of getting frost bite. Meaning walked around the house can lead to potentially life threatening possibilities like limbs having to be amputated from freezing off! 
....ok so there was a little added drama there. But still! I hate cold weather, and I especially hate cooking and being active in the cold. So I usually choose to throw things together in the crock pot and catch up on DVR instead. Oh and blogs, ya I always read blogs to catch up on everyones. I even found a super simple new recipe to try over on Rachel's blog called Vegetable Beef Soup. (and per her request I'm sharing this recipe, I suppose I could dedicate it to her)
This recipe I found while surfing Pinterest and decided it'd be worth a try. I'd honestly never heard of taco soup beforehand but now that I mention I made it people all over say they've tried it before. I feel like a turtle that was never exposed to such goodness in my life! Earth shattering!!
So here's the recipe for you to enjoy:
Ingredients:
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can beef broth
1 can red kidney beans
1 can Rotel
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 package of ranch mix
1 package of taco seasoning
1-2 pounds of hamburger
Directions:
Drain and dump all of the canned goodies into your crockpot, add in the seasonings and mix it all together. Brown your hamburger and then dump into your crockpot. Mix together and put on low for the day or crank it up to high for a couple hours. I've discovered I like it better the next day after it thickens up a bit as well. 

This super easy recipe will get you back into your warm cozy blankie in no time and you can eat it with chips or choose to throw on some chili powder and make it more like a soup. Either way it's super yummy and fillin! I usually like to add a little cheese on top because I'm trying to keep my five pounds of cheese per week quota up ;)
Come vote for me daily! I'd love to run my first full marathon with your help for FREE! (Plus you could win a free ticket of your own)

3 comments:

  1. This sounds pretty darn tasty! I may have to give this recipe a try - looks easy enough for someone who regularly burns their hands while boiling water.. ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gma makes taco soup and its delicious. as well as home made veggie soup and potatoe soup. I've made both several times. but never tried to make the taco soup. Although i know it's good to make when you have a cold and need to open your sinus's up. did you enjoy it. I"m sure you would on a day like it is here. its now 31. 2 hrs ago it was 28. and that's cold due to the wind chill.

    https://www.facebook.com/NightOwlBlogging?ref=hl
    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    P.s. I was already following you on bloglovin. Now I"m following you on blogger. hope you'll return the favor. Have a great Friday. and i'm gonna follow you twitter and fb too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes yes! I found a recipe similar to this a while back and it was phenomenal! The ranch dressing mix makes it perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!