Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valen-NO...


HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! The one day every year that single people despise, the people that are dating either love or hate this day and the married couples get to enjoy a night away from kids getting drunk off of over-priced wine. Oh, did I mention that the flower shops also earn their vacation trips off this holiday? Yup, true story!

I never have really gotten into this holiday, actually, me and Trav barely ever get each other anything. Not even a card. I just really would prefer he tells me all year that he cares about me and spends the hundreds of dollars on something like workout gear instead of flowers. I hate going out and having to wait at restaurants so again that's another reason to stay home and do absolutely nothing together. 

This year I think I've got something good up my sleeve for his gift. It's a safe bet he won't be reading the blog today so I'm just going to post my idea I found on Pinterest for you guys to see. Eat your heart out men!

Love-ish.  haha...this would be perfect for our 1 year anniversary!!

Sweet right?! And I'm going to not even waste my time with a card. We rarely do that stuff so why start now right?! After almost four years together we don't do the romantic thing. I actually asked instead that we just stay home and he's in charge of the menu and I'll make dessert for the night. #winning 

And for your viewing pleasure, please enjoy these Grumpy Cats to get you through this Single's Awareness Day!






________________________________________________________________________________________________

The days are dwindling and this voting contest is almost over. 
Please come vote for me daily! I'd love to run my first full marathon with your help for FREE! 
(Plus you could win a free ticket of your own)

4 comments:

  1. I love Grumpy Cat! Thanks for sharing! I've never really been big into Valentine's Day either. We might do a card and some candy (mainly because we both have a slight candy addiction), but other than that.... I think it's a silly holiday. I agree with you that I'd rather have Lee show me love all year long with his thoughtfulness than just one day a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahaha. This is why I love your blog. :) Happy Friday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally feel ya. At this point in my life, I honestly don't give two shits about Valentine's day. The only reason I feel the need to celebrate at all at this point is for the kids, but I def don't go all out. Overpriced roses that'll die in a week, lines at restaurants, mushy gushy romantic gestures? No thanks :) I'd be just as happy (or happier, because I'm cheap!) with some cheap flowers that my hubby surprised me with on a completely random day of the year, just because.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!