Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Bulu Box ((Product Review)) -February-

So as some of you guys know I signed up for my FIRST HALF MARATHON! I'm excited and nervous and truthfully almost peed my pants last night just thinking about it. 


I signed up to the run The Good Life Halfsy. It's a brand new race coming to Lincoln and I'm really excited to be running it but I'm intimidated about the training I will need to dedicate to get myself in shape to run it at a decent time. The reason I choose to sign up for this half marathon is because I told myself I wanted to give it a go in 2014 and do something to really step it up in my running plans.

Luckily for me Bulu Box is sponsoring this race, which means they gave me a super good deal on getting a subscription to their box for a great discount. So, let's put two and two together...

A subscription box mailed to my house + Great healthy products to try out = WIN FOR ME!

Sign me up and send me my goodies! I was really excited to try out this Bulu Box because not only did it have healthy nutrition and weight loss products but also because it's a Nebraska founded company! Anytime I can support a business that comes from "The Good Life" state I try to show them my lovin.

So I'm sure you're wondering what's all in a Bulu Box right? Well, first off it depends on which box you've selected. They have two to choose from, they have the original Bulu Box and the Bulu Box Weight Loss.
The original Bulu Box is a vitamin and supplement sample box that includes well-rounded samplings of vitamins and supplements that help in all areas of health. Each box contains 4-5 premium samples plus lifestyle extras from time to time. 
Ready to sign up yet?! If so, be a gem and use me for a referral link and SIGN UP HERE! But, I suppose if you'd like to learn a little more before you jump on the bandwagon I'll go ahead and fill you in.
The Bulu Box Weight Loss is designed with the specific goal of weight loss in mind. Each box contains 4-5 premium weight loss items such as vitamins and supplement samples, PLUS fitness gear and healthy eating tools.

I choose the original Bulu Box. The only reason I didn't choose the weight loss box is because I'm really not interested in loosing weight via pills. I would have loved to try out some of their fitness gear items but I'm also subscribed to StrideBox so I figured I could always plan on them sending me super cool fitness items.
So, now you're probably wondering what was all in my box right?! The picture above is the exact box I receive this month but I'm guessing you're wanting me to show you my box's items with my own photos and review? Well, let me show you!

#1 Power Crunch Proto Whey Protein- I got the vanilla creme flavor. High-DH hydrolyzed whey protein, found in Proto Whey, is the most advanced, fastest-absorbing whey protein in existence. Meaning this protein gets to your muscles faster and absorbs more completely helping you recover and build lean muscle more efficiently.

My Review- This was one of my favorites to try out! I've heard all about this whey protein stuff and it was finally my turn to test it out and see if I'm going to be addicted like all of my friends! I was excited to see that I got vanilla creme flavor because it's a fairly generic flavor and can be used alone or with other foods and still have a good base flavor. I noticed they have other flavors like cafe mocha, cookies and creme and double chocolate. The hefty price of $50 for 2lbs kind of scared me away from buying this but I think that the two pounds worth of powder could last quite awhile! Flavor was great, I didn't mind vanilla and it reminded me of the Jenny Craig vanilla powder you can mix with milk or water. Although I won't buy this because of the price I may just cash in my credits and order this for fun with a discount. Great product!


#2 PreToxx- Pretoxx is designed to protect, restore and rejuvenate your body from the negative impact of alcohol without the use of caffeine or aspirin. Taking Pretoxx before and after drinking helps ensure a great night out and a productive morning after. It said to take two tablets before drinking with a glass of water and then to repeat after drinking. It says to support a healthy liver to take one daily.

My Review- Well, it took awhile for me to use this product. I'm sure you're surprised because I'm almost always out partying and having fun but I kept running into the problem of forgetting to take them before I went out! I was kind of a skeptic when it came to testing this because I've always believe the only way to cure a hangover is time but it seemed to kind of work for me! I won't really go out of my way to buy "hangover fixing pills" but if I were to get them in a future box I wouldn't complain. In the Bulu Box store it shows you can buy these for $20 and you get thirty tablets. Not too shabby, if you consider taking one a day to help your liver and don't OD on them during drinking/partying nights you should get a full month out of them... Don't tell my friends but as much drinking as we do I might consider slipping one in their drink while out partying. #itslegitlegalstuff
#3 About Time AUX Energy- I received the watermelon flavor, this product was 100% natural ingredients and is intended to be a pre-workout formula. AUX increases metabolic performance and promotes rapid recovery with a pre-workout drink that works for you. AUX pre-workout has no hidden additives and uses only premium ingredients to give you a more natural and delicious way of getting in the zone.

My Review- Shh, I have a secret. I am not a major watermelon lover so I wasn't overly thrilled to see watermelon flavored AUX in my package. I was dragging my feet trying this product because I felt as if it'd be nasty and I'd have to toss it out without finishing it buuut, I loved it. Yup, loved it. I know, I'm impressed with myself too! Looking through the Bulu Box website I see you can order 12 single packs for about $25. My favorite part is that you can order them in different flavors including banana, chocolate, mocha mint, peanut butter, birthday cake, strawberry and vanilla. Oddly, I didn't see watermelon up there so maybe I'm just special to receive this flavor?! I just mixed mine with water but I see it says you can mix these with milk or other foods like yogurt to curb between meal snacking. Great idea, but only if I get another flavor, watermelon yogurt doesn't seem to appealing to me... I would love to try another flavor of this stuff for post work-out drink mixes or even before a workout. I almost always snack before I run so this might help energize me too!
#4 Salba Chia Boost- Chia contains heart healthy Omega-3as and fiber to keep a healthy digestive system. 

My Review- These chia whole seeds came in a single serving packet without directions so I was a little confused when I got them. Luckily I read my little post card that came with it because it told me they can be sprinkled into any meal or baking recipe.  I like the price of $13 for fourteen single serving packets, that's extremely reasonable!! I admit I didn't try this product until about three hours ago but I felt it was only fair that I really give it a go so I could totally give you my opinion on it. Well, the verdicts in and I like it! I mixed it in with an ice cream, frozen bananas and yogurt smoothy and could barely taste it. I think more than anything its a texture thing for me. I didn't like the "gritty" texture but it wasn't unbearable, it was just new to me. Also, it was pretty nifty that these babies were in single serving packets meaning I could throw them into my gym bag or purse to take with me.
#5 SoyJoy- I was excited to see I got the strawberry flavored one! This gluten-free indulgence with a natural twist uses real fruit and whole soy to create a delicious and nutritious snack or meal replacement. Snack fearless with gluten-free all natural SoyJoy. 

My Review- I've actually tried a couple SoyJoy bars before and didn't really have any dislikes about them. As with all fitness type of protein bars they don't taste as yummy as junk food but I was pretty please with this one. Looking at the ingredients I did like seeing that I could pronounce most of the list meaning it included basic products and not crappy stuff. Some of the things it included were eggs, sugar, raisin, soybeans, butter, dried coconut, salt, strawberries, milk chocolate chips and dried cranberries. That's a pretty impressive list if you ask me! I wasn't necessarily impressed with the fact that it was 130 calories but if you're a running then it's ok to add a few more calories into your daily diet because you're burning that off. I LOVED the softness of it, I really dislike crunchy bars so this one was perfect for me! I'll probably get more of these in the future. I've seen them priced around $16 for a 12 pack through Bulu Box, not too bad and the taste really is pretty yummy!! You can't buy too many protein type bars for less than $1.50 a piece anyways!
Oh and another cool thing they offer. REWARD POINTS. Yes, that means when you do product reviews on their site and have others use a referral code you also get points that you can use towards full size products in the store. Pretty nifty stuff and a great way to cash in and get a discount on that new snack bar you're lovin on!
Overall I was impressed with my box and will probably continue after my trial has expired. It's a great product and the fact that they're healthier items makes me ok with it. 
button

Are you ready to go try it out for yourself?! Just click the picture above to get your first box and try it out for just $10. The way I look at it, you get to try out some new products for a great price, if you don't like them you can cancel after the first month and you're only out $10. That's what you spend at McDonald's anyways right?!
Come vote for me daily! I'd love to run my first full marathon with your help for FREE! (Plus you could win a free ticket of your own)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on decided to go the distance! If you need any guidance on training, please let me know! I love the half distance and am excited to hear how it goes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. I was so excited to hear about this, but ugh, SOY? I can't. I am on the hunt for a clean goodie box and this is a miss for me based off these goodies. If you get another one, share what's inside and I'll see how well rounded they end up being!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the most flattering form of letting me know you're reading along! In the blogging world these comments are bigger than "likes" and "retweets" and while you guys are all super awesome forgive me if it takes a couple days to get back to ya'll. I want to make sure I get back to each and every one of you! If you have a specific question by all means PLEASE email me (kelseyhomolka@hotmail.com). Plus, you'll get a faster response from me! Thankie again for reading along and don't forget to Keep On, Keepin Up!